PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS INTRODUCTION & GROUP OPERATING CONDITIONS BEFORE SUBMITTING APPLICATION TO PARTICIPATE.
The aim of this walking group is to provide interesting, reasonably short distance and easy/moderate paced walks based mainly in the Harrogate district and immediate surrounding areas.
The group is to be run on a non-profit making basis and all the walks will be voluntarily led and free to participate with a participants voluntary contribution, to a designated charity, at the end of each event.
This Meetup group is for genuine walkers and is not a site platform for online dating or socialising purposes.
All participants to this group should have reasonable walking experience and will be expected to take part in our walks program on a regular basis. ( At least one walk event every three months - Non participation will result in the member being removed from the group listing.)
New applications to this group must submit a head/shoulder picture of themselves that can easily be identified on a walk day. This is for the safety and security of both yourself and fellow members, an action which I am sure you will appreciate & endorse.
All new participation applications to this group must be fully aware of the 9 point group operating conditions, listed below, and are happy that this walking group fulfils their own requirements before applying.
9 Point list of group operating conditions
1) This new walking group is formulated for walkers within the Harrogate area who have a moderate but adequate degree of fitness and walking experience, confidence in their own ability to, at the very least, be capable of walking at a minimum pace of 2 -2.5 miles/hr, for a distance of 5 miles and generally be able to keep up with the main body of the walk group on the day.
This group is not designed or tailored for those walkers who prefer slow paced or stroll walks or, at the other end of the scale, those who prefer to walk at a faster pace and for greater distances.
2) The majority of group walks will be 3.5 – 5 miles in length and approximately 2 – 2.5 hours duration.
3) All walks will be strictly NO DOGS events.
4) All walks will include a refreshment stop of 10 - 15 minutes at approximately half distance point.
5) Walk numbers will be restricted to 25 walkers maximum dependant upon venue, parking etc.
6) All walk events will be posted on the group web page approximately 7-14 days before the event start date and RSVP entry will begin at time of said posting.
WALK GROUP PARTICIPATION:-
7) Persons applying for walk group participation must submit an up-close & clearly recognisable photograph of themselves for identification on the Group site and walks etc.
8) Walk group participants will be expected to take part in our walks program on a reasonably regular basis in order to keep their entry with this group valid.
Participants with more than 3 months non participation or inactivity with the group, 2 or more 'NO SHOWS' , 5 or more 'NOT GOING' changes or for any other reason arising may have their entry with this group withdrawn at the discretion of the organiser & without notice or question.
9) Granting of walk group participation will be at the organisers discretion and any decision made will be final and non-negotiable.