As part of the global effort to bring HIMSS & Health 2.0 together, we are hosting the first Dutch Health 2.0 & HIMSS community event "Patient Included" on the 16th of October in Amsterdam. The event is targeted at entrepreneurs, healthcare professionals and patients. The main topic will be focused on understanding and addressing patients’ needs and challenges in these times of Healthcare digitalization.
IMPORTANT NOTE: To confirm your attendance for this event, you need to register here: https://www.eiseverywhere.com/ereg/index.php?eventid=368277&. As spaces are limited, please register only when you have made a firm intention to participate and cancel your attendance in case you can’t attend the meeting.
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME:
Have you ever been to a “Patient Centred” event that didn’t include a single patient? Ever wondered why there are so many products and services to assist patients in managing their chronic conditions and so few patients using them? It seems like everyone agrees the patient’s needs should be considered but very few people know how to do this successfully. In order to address this problem, we have decided to dedicate an evening to insights, practices and tools that can help entrepreneurs and healthcare professionals to be more patient-centric.
Join us for an event where patients will take centre stage and tell us everything we want to know and more importantly everything we need to hear about what works and what doesn’t. The program will include patient challenges and needs in these times of healthcare digitalization as well as real examples of products that “include the patient” and a framework for designing your own.
- Bob Offereins (https://boboffereins.nl/), "Empathy and technology"
- Elke Lale van Achterberg (https://www.elkevanachterberg.nl/), "Miscommunication and how can digitalized healthcare improve it"
- Nick Bootsman (https://www.linkedin.com/in/nick-bootsman-33a73210a), "Chronically ill, but misunderstood? How can digital health help us in understanding and managing misunderstood diagnoses?"
- Anne Marsman, PsychoseNet (https://www.psychosenet.nl/), "A user perspective on why and how eCommunities/online platforms can help heal people"
- Herko Coomans, Ministry of Health (https://www.linkedin.com/in/herko), moderating patient discussion and presenting "Patient engagement at the national level"
- Prof. dr. ir. Pieter Jonker, Robot Care Systems (https://www.linkedin.com/in/pieter-jonker-629202148/), "The user-centric design of a robot rollator for elderly (So they can stay happy and longer autonomously at home)"
- Renske de Bruine, Winq (https://www.linkedin.com/in/renske-de-bruine-04197910/), "Including patients in the decision-making process in their treatment offerings"
- Arnold Breukhoven, Drimpy (https://www.linkedin.com/in/breukie), “How to make personal healthcare invisible while still leading a Healthy and happy Life?”
During this event, we want to understand:
-- What are patient needs and challenges in these times of digital transformation of healthcare?
-- What are the insights from patients for the design of new products and practices?
-- How can Health 2.0 solutions and services help providers be more patient-centred?
-- How can HIMSS Dutch Community and Health 2.0 Amsterdam put the patients to the forefront?
-- How to co-design solutions and services with patients and providers?
15:45 – 16:00 Entry
16:00 – 16:10 Intro to event and partnership, Health 2.0 Amsterdam, HIMSS and ahti
16:10 – 17:00 Presentations
17:10 – 17:30 Break
17:30 – 17:40 Presentations & workshop
18:50 – 19:00 Closing
19:00 – 20:00 Final Networking
The event will be organized at Amsterdam health & technology institute (https://ahti.nl/) that brings together people to work on innovation and entrepreneurship in healthcare.
To confirm your attendance, you need to register here: https://www.eiseverywhere.com/ereg/index.php?eventid=368277&