What we're about
- Are you an avid walker wanting to get faster and more fit?
- Are you a runner experiencing too much impact on your body?
- Would you like to meet a nice group of people that are wellness-minded and like to walk?
- Perhaps you are bored with your current exercise and up for trying something new?
- Are you looking for a new way to address stress relief or weight control?
If any of the above apply, you might want to consider the wonderful, fun activities called "racewalking" or 'power walking".
Racewalking, an Olympic sport since 1908, offers the same aerobic benefit as running without the pounding on the knees and hips. Power walking has the same aerobic benefits as race walking but is a little freer in form. Both can be non-competitive through highly competive.
Race and power walkers are a positive, fun group to be around!
Heartland Racewalkers meet each Saturday at 8:30-9:30am for a clinic to practice and encourage each other in walking. On the 1st Saturday of the month there is a meeting following clinic from 9:30-10:30am with a topic related to walking or wellness.
We meet inside/outside the Jewish Community Center near 115th & Nall based on the weather. The group includes members from all around the KC Metro area.
We welcome you to come join this inspiring group!
See the following link for more information: http://www.heartlandracewalkers.com/