So you want to play some volleyball huh? Great! The South Bay is the beach volleyball capitol of the world!
It can be hard to find people or groups to play with so meetup is a great way to go. Our group is for those who already have the basics of the game down. If you are an absolute beginner we would urge you to take some classes before joining the group. If you have taken beginner classes then our group games would be a great place to start. Please don’t RSVP for 2’s games if you are not confident in your skills or have not played 2’s before.
We want everyone to have a good time and make new friends! So good sportsmanship and friendly attitudes are a must from each member. You must have a burning desire to improve in volleyball and an even stronger desire to have fun while doing it! What’s good sportsmanship?
· Advanced players, be kind and help out those who are less skilled than you. We want to encourage all players to have fund and improve!
· Beginner players, don’t be shy, ask for help! Don’t sign up for 2’s games as you may frustrate the other players.
· All players, please be on time as a courtesy to other players and organizers. Our Organizers must be on time or early to get courts, if you are signed up for early morning 2’s games and you are late you could hold everyone up! No bueno!
· Groups games, please be aware group games are for everyone. So you will play with people with a wide variety of skill sets. Be considerate, kind, and helpful to other players!
· Sometimes you have to sit out! If the meetup is full you may have to sit out a few games and allow others to play!
· Failure to be a good sportsman may result in you being kicked out of the group. :( :(
You must RSVP for the meetup. This helps us know how many courts to reserve. You also must be on time unless otherwise specified in the meetup description. If the meetup is full you can sign up on the waitlist. If a spot opens up you will be automatically added to the RSVP list and you should be notified via email(the one you used to log in) if a spot does not open up you may want to sign up for another day right away. We like to play more then we sit so there is a cap on the amount of players per meetup.
That about covers it! If you have any questions feel free to drop us a message!