Anxiety, Depression, and Bipolar Disorder add special circumstances to life. It's hard to explain to other people how it feels and how it impacts you. Learning to live with the symptoms of anxiety, depression, or BPD is a journey.
Have you seen the patterns in your life? Have you heard a professional give you a diagnosis and you're finally starting to believe it? Or, maybe you're an old pro at managing your symptoms with meds, meditation, or diet.
This group was started back in 2013 to help people who are on their journey to manage their symptoms and provide a safe place to talk and listen to others who are on the same path.
Meetings are free to all. And we strive to provide a space equally to all persons suffering from these conditions. Our group provides the kind of sharing and caring that is crucial for a lifetime of wellness. We hope that you will find that the group:
• Provides a safe welcoming forum for mutual acceptance, understanding and self-discovery.
• Gives you the opportunity to reach out to others and benefit from the experience of those who have "been there".
• Motivates you to follow a treatment plan and encourage each other to learn from shared experiences.
• Helps you understand that mood disorders don't define who you are.
• Helps you rediscover your strengths and humor that you thought you might have lost.
"Our goal is to help you learn more about your illness in a safe and friendly environment".
This support group is peer-led and is NOT a therapy group. Facilitators are not professional counselors, therapists, nor psychologiests. They try their best to be in support of group attendees by listening and conducting group discussions. The administrative side of the group (the Meetup pages and list management) is sponsored by Ric Taylor at Touchbase Counseling. If you would like to learn more about one-to-one therapy for anxiety and depression please go to http://www.touchbasecounseling.com or call 720-924-1144.