This Meetup group is open to adults in the Regina, SK area who identify as "HSPs" (Highly Sensitive Persons) as defined by the work of psychologist/author Dr. Elaine Aron.
This group was created for HSPs to meet and share in a safe, welcoming and mutually understanding environment where we are encouraged to embrace our innate HSP traits - what we celebrate as well as what we find challenging.
Being an HSP is a requirement for membership, so before requesting to join, please have a look at the book "The Highly Sensitive Person" by Dr. Elaine Aron so you understand what an HSP is as defined by Dr. Aron. Please take the test in the book, or at http://hsperson.com/test/highly-sensitive-t... to determine that you ARE an HSP, before joining. Several copies of the book are available through the Regina Public Library if you'd like to read it without purchasing it.
After reading the book, or taking the test at the website above, if you identify as an "HSP", please feel free to join us!
If you are an interested non-HSP, maybe a family member, friend, or other interested party, please write to the organizer(s) and we'll be happy to give you some information, point you in the right direction, or answer any questions you may have.
1) Events are open only to members of the "HSPs of Regina, SK" group (no guests permitted). This ensures that the limited available spots at events are reserved for our members, and that everyone attending has gone through the steps to become a member: reviewing the book "The Highly Sensitive Person", taking the self-test, and answering the required questions upon joining.
2) Members must RSVP online and choose "Going" to attend, as each event address will be sent by email only to those who have RSVP'd.
3) If you can't make it to an event (life happens), please take a moment to change your RSVP online status to "Not Going", and try to do this no later than 90 minutes before an event begins to make room for member(s) who may be on a waitlist to attend. Please note that members with three "No Shows" (RSVP "Going" but don't show up) will be removed from the group, since "no shows" will prevent waitlisted members from taking any newly available spots.
4) Members must display a first or middle name as part of their profile name. If you would like anonymity from the public, you can change the privacy settings on your Meetup profile to hide all your memberships from the general public. Then only members of the group(s) you belong to will be able to see your name.
5) This group is not a forum to look for a romantic or sexual connection. This is meant to be a comfortable, safe space where HSPs can relax and be themselves, without worrying about any unwanted and/or inappropriate attention from others. Thank you for respecting this boundary.
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Monday, December 5, 2016 5:30 PM
Thursday, December 15, 2016 7:00 PM