This group is for women in the Peoria and surrounding Central Illinois area that are looking to make connections through hiking and exploring local trails and parks. All levels are welcome. PLEASE READ OUR FULL DESCRIPTION BELOW BEFORE JOINING. See you on the trails!
° We are based in the Peoria and surrounding Central Illinois area.
° Our group and our events are for women only, age 18 and above. For the purpose of connecting women in outdoor activities, please leave the little ones at home :)
° The group facilitator(s)/organizer(s) are not responsible for participant/member safety before, during, or after the events.
° The group facilitators(s)/organizer(s) will do their best to post applicable park/trail information such as but not limited to: park address, parking or any entrance fees, trail conditions, link to park map, etc. It is each members' responsibility to obtain trail/park information before each event independent of the group organizer/facilitator.
• Our organizers/event leaders are volunteers and fellow participants, not guides. You need to come fully prepared with all your own gear, maps, etc. as if you are going out on the trail alone. Don't forget to bring water for all outdoor events. If it's HOT or we're doing a longer event you might need extra. Be sure to bring safety supplies and a trail map.
• You are responsible for your own cost related to any meetup actvity. (Meals, travel, park entry fees, etc.)
• You are responsible for travel to and from our meetup events. The group organizer does not coordinate carpools. However, individuals are welcome to arrange carpooling as desired.
° Everyone hikes at different paces. Please know your limits. Everyone is at free will to start, stop, and turn around when they would like.
° Please bring your gal pals but have them sign up on this Meetup group first. This insures that all participants receive accurate information about our group and our events.
° We usually hike in the morning starting between 8am-9am. Please be punctual as we will start on time.
° To join our group you must complete the member profile questions and include a current photo of yourself that clearly shows your face. We want to see you, so we can recognize you at our events!
° Outdoor activities can be dangerous and may result in injury or worse. You agree by joining to hold harmless all members of Hike It Like It's Hot Central Illinois Women's Hiking Group to include our members, group organizers, and event leaders. By joining our events you assume all risk and are responsible for your own physical safety and your property before, during, and after the events.
• If you have any medical condition or limitation choose events that suit your abilities. Please insure you have your physician's clearance to participate in outdoor fitness activities.
• Always have I.D. and emergency contact info available. This should be on your person (in your pocket or a pack) during all activities.
• Meetups may be canceled in inclement weather, closed trails, poor trail conditions, insufficient participation, and a variety of additional circumstances. Please sign up if you plan to attend, and always check for updates before leaving home.
• Do not attempt to promote your own events, other groups, or sale of any type of product or service through our group events or online resources. Our meetup pages and additional web resources are available strictly to disseminate information about our group and our scheduled events.
• This group adheres to the Leave No Trace (LNT) principles. Please click here (https://lnt.org) to learn more about LNT. In short, anything that goes onto the trail with you, leaves with you.
DISCLAIMER AND LIABILITY WAIVER
Outdoor activities (walking, hiking, biking, running, camping, and additional activities) are understood to involve inherent risks. It is your responsibility to understand risk and take appropriate safety measures during all activities. By participating in this voluntary group, you expressly waive any and all claims that may arise from any of the activities planned, to include travel to and from and during the activity, and to understand the organizer, assistants, and group members do not assume liability for personal injuries, death, or destruction or loss of personal property. By participating in the group, you expressly waive any and all such claims against each and every other member in the group, including without limitation any and all claims against the group organizer, assistant organizers, or group sponsors.
PHOTO / SITE CONTENT RELEASE AND DISCLAIMER
You understand that group members may take photos at some of our events and your picture may be taken during one of these events. You agree that we can use your picture/likeness on the Hike It Like It's Hot Central Illinois Women's Hiking Group meetup site, facebook group, and other related sites to promote our group activities.
By submitting information (comments, pictures, events, etc) to the Hike It Like It's Hot Central Illinois Women's Hiking Group meetup site or our social media resources, you grant us a perpetual, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, distribute, and otherwise exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to that information at our discretion, including storing it on meetup servers and incorporating it in other works in any media now known or later developed including without limitation published books.