addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Mt. San Jacinto Hiking Club Message Board › White Mountains Peak and Geology 8/29-9/2/2019

White Mountains Peak and Geology 8/29-9/2/2019

Thom D.
user 155067992
Ventura, CA
Informational posting:

Geo-hikes has a reservation for 9 at the UC Preserve's White Mountain Crooked Creek Station for August 29-September 1, 2019. Crooked Creek has rooms, showers and prepares and serves all meals. It's a pretty remote location within some very high desert peaks, and the area is unknown to many folks. I did field work there years ago and its very scenic and the geology is interesting too. I plan on hiking White Mountain Peak and several of the lesser peaks in the Crooked Creek area east of White Mtn (Blanco, Sage Hen, Station, etc), plus talking about the geology.

Cost is $290/person (covers lodging and meals at station).

Here's a link to the Crooked Creek Station facilities: https://www.wmrc.edu/facilities/cc/default.html­

You need to be a strong hiker for this event (+15 mile hikes, +4,000 ft elevation gains, and trails at +10,000 ft) and an interest in learning some basic geology of the area. If interested then please message me (event shows as closed on the Geo-hikes Meet Up page: https://www.meetup.com/Geo-hikes/events/261057991/­).

Thanks,

Thom Davis

Geologic Maps Foundation

www.geologicmapsfoundation.org