This is a group for women in their 30s and 40s who would like to meet new like minded veg friends in our own age group who enjoy healthy living, vegan or vegetarian eating, and hiking around the valley as well as other fun activities! :) Meetups will include meeting at healthy restaurants, hikes, yoga, walks, kayaking/SUP, healthy events/expos, farmers markets, volunteering, movies, etc. If this sounds like you, please come out and meet your tribe! :)
We ask all members to please adhere to the following courtesy rules so that everyone has an enjoyable experience with our group:
1) "Be brave, show up." This is a group for women who have the time and are serious about coming out and meeting new like minded friends. Therefore, all new members must attend at least 1 event per 12 month period in order to remain in the group. All members are welcome and encouraged to either host an event or email the organizer any event ideas. We would love to hear them and are good at accommodating requests, so if you don't see an event that works for you please send us an email. :)
2) No Shows are very frustrating, and unfortunately they affect our group as many events require reservations or some members are on waitlists, and the hosts are spending unnecessary time waiting for people who are not coming. Also, it is simply bad karma to stand people up. Therefore, any member who no shows 1 event has 3 days to email the event host to explain what happened, otherwise you will be removed from the group. 2 no shows is an automatic group removal.
3) Last minute cancellations. We realize some cancels happen due to illness or unforeseen circumstances (it happens to all of us), but when we have 50% of members drop out of an event at the last minute it can cause scrambling to change reservations, and it's disappointing to the other members. If you are on the fence about attending an event, we ask that you do not RSVP until 24 hours prior. Also, please give us plenty of notice if you feel you might be getting sick and can not attend an event. It is better to change an RSVP to "no" a few days ahead of time, and if you are better the day of change to "yes". Those who very consistently sign up and drop out of events will eventually be removed from the group as we want members who truly want to come out with us.
4) Please no eating meat while out with group members. Non vegetarians/vegans are more than welcome to join and come out with us as we are glad you are interested in learning about our lifestyle. We just please ask that you refrain from eating meat out of respect for group members following a vegetarian or vegan diet.
5) Reading the event descriptions. All members are expected to have read all the details in the event description before signing up for an event so that you know what to expect, where to meet, etc. Members who ask questions that can easily be answered in the event description will be directed to read the description. :)
6) No solicitations at group events and no classified ad posts to the group that are not group relevant.