Interested in playing soccer in Hoboken? We welcome any and all soccer players regardless of level, females welcome as well! A few rules to play by:
1. NO SLIDE TACKLING! This is absolutely not allowed! We don't want anyone getting hurt over a game of pick-up soccer.
2. NO TELLING OFF/CURSING! We're all just trying to have fun! If you get into a serious argument/fight on the field, you probably won't be invited back.
3. We will provide the pinnies! A majority of us wear turf shoes or cleats, but some of us wear sneakers as well.
4. We will play 7v7 small-sided. We limit the number of people to try and get everyone more involved in the game. We will try to use real nets with goals whenever possible.
5. IMPORTANT: Goalies: Unless someone volunteers to play keeper, EVERYONE will have to rotate and play keeper AT LEAST ONCE NO EXCEPTIONS. We don't subscribe to lame excuses such as,"Oh, I'm a really bad keeper" or "I injured my hand and can't play keeper". We aren't a group professional keepers and probably various degrees of "bad", so if you're injured, you're a prime candidate for a bad keeper! I will call you out on the field to play keeper if necessary and people who shirk their duties continuously will not be invited back.
That's it! Please remember our main goals for this group are to enjoy ourselves and have fun!
This meetup charges a small fee to ensure members show up, offset the costs for hosting the meetup, and hopefully pay for/obtain field permits in the Spring and Fall when times are the busiest.