WARNING! A lot of us find strictly hold-em games mind-numbingly boring, and we play a lot of Omaha, PLO, hi-low split, Big-O (5 card Omaha high low), some stud & stud high-low, and some crazier games like 2-boards. Hold em is certainly played, but not too often. Come and try some new games in a laid back don't-take-ourselves-so-seriously fun environment! Dealer's choice; 4 cards, 5 cards, 1 board, 2 boards, We play all kinds of games, both traditional and crazy! We play one orbit per choice, not a different game every hand.
We play at a very nice house in Aurora every Friday night, sometimes Saturdays. Professional table, chairs, cards, chips. Big screen TV, digital music, big family room and full kitchen. Smoking outside only on big covered patio. Plenty of parking out front, big corner lot. Can accommodate 2 tables. Men, women and couples come, ages from 20s to 60s, very fun crowd, easy going.
This is a legal game, which means we self deal, no seat charge, no rake. To keep the game legal, voluntary contributions to the house pay for professional card setups, chips, table felt, high end chairs, carpet cleaning, incidental expenses, utilities, etc, so contributions to cover that are appreciated, and players that win toss something to the house. Hey, it beats a $5-7/ PER HAND rake in Blackhawk and other home games right?
It's a friendly game, $1/$1 blinds, pot limit, buy in ranges from 75-100 on average, some players buy 200. We try and play every Friday, 2 table capacity if needed.
We play tournaments as well, possibly starting a series with a WSOP seat as the prize.
Here's some examples of what goes on here:
1. Omaha. 4 cards, must play 2 from your hand and 3 on the board. Played high and hi/low split.
2. Big-O, also called Tommy or Colorado. 5-card Omaha, same rules. Hi and hi/low split.
3. 2-board games. When 1 board of community cards is just not enough! There are 2 flops, 2 turns and 2 rivers, and you can play off either board. Most games we play can be called either 1 or 2 boards. Sometimes we play high only split pot with winner on each board splitting the pot.
4. Texaha. A crazy game that we invented, trademarked and patented, where you are dealt 6 cards, then immediately split them into a 2-card holdem hand and a 4-card Omaha (high only) hand. Then the standard flop-turn-river, 1 board, and at the end the best holdem hand and the best Omaha hand split the pot. Crazy action!
Other games we have played but that are chosen less frequently:
5. Reverse, also called Jersey. You must play 3 cards from your hand and only 2 on the board.
6. Stud and stud-8 li low. Standard stud & stud-8, high and low Chicago etc.
7. Razz. Lowest hand wins
8. Badugi and 2-7 triple draw.
Also open to players introducing new games as well!