We are the girls who love code and we want to share our passion with you! Our aim is to increase diversity and bring more women into IT.
Are you a girl? Do you have some knowledge about modern front-end development and want to get some hands-on experience with a new technology? Or just studying programming and eager to touch something new? Then you definitely need to come and spend some time exploring Angular!
Angular is a platform to build applications that live on the web, mobile, or the desktop.
- During this workshop we will learn how to develop a basic Angular application from scratch.
- We will get some knowledge about tooling using to build Angular applications.
- We will discuss components, services and modules, and also some best practices how to organize your application in a good way.
- We will learn routing fundamentals, and difference between eager / lazy loading.
- We will even touch Rxjs and observables.
- During the workshop, you will also get an opportunity to ask your questions.
- We assume that you have some basic knowledge about HTML and CSS, and also some experience with any programming language.
Please bring your own laptops, we'll do practical exercises together.
Here are some prerequisites you need to do before the workshop. Please come prepared so that we don't spent time on it.
1. Install Visual Studio Code from https://code.visualstudio.com/
2. Install the Angular Essentials extension from https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=johnpapa.angular-essentials
3. Install Node.js 10.15.x (latest stable) from https://nodejs.org/
4. Install the latest Angular CLI npm install -g @angular/cli
5. Verify the Node and npm installations by running following commands:
If you have any question or problem with your installation write in the comments
We provide lunch at our location, please send a message if you have any special allergy.
Language: if not everyone is familiar with Swedish, than we will speak English
Passionate in modern web development using Angular, skilled in Microsoft Azure.
Works as solution designer in Vattenfall AB with the whole cycle of creating cloud B2B applications from requirements gathering, coordinating cross-team work to managing release pipelines.
Has a great family, likes skiing, travelling, reading, playing brain games.
Jaime González García
Jaime is a software developer and UX designer who loves building stuff. He works as a Front-end Software Engineer in the Hangouts Meet team at Google and spends part of his time as a Developer Relations in the Nordics developer community. He loves spending time with his beloved wife Malin and son Teo, drawing, writing, reading fantasy and sci-fi, and lifting heavy weights.