What we're about
Honolulu Options Traders (HOT) is your source to learn about stock options, online options trading and strategies, and to meet other traders. We are 500+ independent stock and options traders in based in Hawaii (plus others who wish they were in Hawaii!). HOT is not a financial advisor or investment club but an educational and social group. It's free to join our ohana. (The public and non-members cannot see membership lists, group profiles, attendees, photos or other shared content.)
• PLEASE JOIN NOW and become a HOTTIE! Let us know your interests and we'll update you on meeting times and places.
Since 2014 we have offered a complete curriculum of education for options traders. We are currently running Tuesday evening classes (weekly) and Friday morning "Live Trading" (1st and 3rd Fridays) at the Manoa Innovation Center, Honolulu. Our Advanced group currently meets Wednesday evenings at 6:30 pm.
See the Calendar for the schedule of events, fees, and locations.
We run several different types of events
• Free Introductory classes to learn about the basics of options trading, and to meet other traders.
• Free Workshops on topics such as the thinkorswim platform, taxation of stocks & options, etc.
• Free Live trading at every first and third Friday mornings 7:00-10:00 am, on days the market is open.
• 10-week Fundamental of Options Trading course, including principles and basic strategies. Available Fall, Winter, Spring.
• 10-week Intermediate Options Trading course covering trade repairs, risk management and risk management. Available Fall, Winter, Spring.
• 10-week Advanced Options Trading featuring cutting-edge topics, including options on Forex, cryptocurrencies and Sector trading with options, Available all year round.
• 4-Day Intensive Courses for those preferring a condensed way to learn fundamentals and intermediate trading techniques. Available Spring Break and Summer.
• A Facebook daily chat group HOT Options. To join, LIKE our Facebook page (http://facebook.com/honoluluoptionstraders) and make a comment on the page requesting to join HOT Options..
• Social events at locations such as Waikiki Cheeseburger or the Olde Spaghetti Factory in Kaka'ako. We've also had Summer Socials at Hawaii Yacht Club.
• Mainland trips to attend conferences or visit the Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE).
See the CALENDAR (http://www.honoluluoptionstraders.com/calendar/) for current listings of all classes and events. Classes typically run 1 hr 30 min. Tuition applies to some classes. All levels of experience are welcome.
This site is sponsored by Honolulu Options Traders, LLC, 2800 Woodlawn, Suite 100, Honolulu, HI 96822.
http://www.honoluluoptionstraders.com our main website with over 100 pages of information.
http://www.facebook.com/honoluluoptionstraders comments, events and chat group "HOT Options"
http://www.meetup.com/honolulu-options-traders our free membership portal, communication center and calendar
Honolulu Options Traders, LLC is not a Registered Investment Advisor, and its instructors do not provide investment advice, sell any financial products, hold client monies, or receive commissions or compensation from any brokerage firm. Trading simulations, including "paper money" trading offered through our classes and workshops, are for educational and entertainment purposes only.
Options trading is inherently risky, is not suitable for all investors, and total loss of all capital can occur. Prior to buying or selling an option, a person must receive a copy of Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options (ODD) (http://www.cboe.com/resources/intro.aspx). Copies are also available from your broker, or by calling 1-888-OPTIONS, or from The Options Clearing Corporation, One North Wacker Drive, Suite 500, Chicago, Illinois 60606. Traders should consult their financial advisors or accountants with regard to and before investing in any stocks or options.
The information on this website is provided solely for general education and information purposes and therefore should not be considered complete, precise, or current. No statement within the website should be construed as a recommendation to buy or sell a security or to provide investment advice. Matters discussed may be subject to detailed rules, regulations, and statutory provisions which should be referred to for additional detail and are subject to changes that may not be reflected in the website information. The inclusion of any advertisements on the website should not be construed as an endorsement or an indication of the value of any product, service, or website.