We are very excited to announce the kickoff of weekly Firesides at the Houston Baha'i Center!
In the Baha'i Faith, a fireside is a space where friends gather for fellowship, reflection, and learning. It is often geared toward teaching the verities of the Faith to friends from the wider community in a loving, patient, non-judgmental atmosphere. The fireside is designed to:
• Explain the fundamentals of the Baha’i Faith to seekers, drawing upon inspiration from Anna’s presentation (a widely-circulated booklet that serves as a model for how to present the Faith to those with questions).
• Be a resource to the entire community by providing a follow-up space for those visitors/seekers attending the Sunday morning meetings or who contact the Assembly seeking information about the Faith.
• Act as a resource to anyone in metro Houston who needs assistance in transitioning from individual conversations of significance to seekers entering Ruhi 1 (the first in a series of texts called the Ruhi Sequence of Courses that are studied in a group setting). For more information on the Ruhi Institute, follow this link: http://www.ruhi.org/institute/path.php
• Create a loving, spiritual and fun atmosphere to attract the seeker to the Baha’i Community
• Utilize the music and audio-visual aids to foster spiritual atmosphere.
• Support and cooperate with Cluster Institute programs (i.e. children's classes, junior youth groups for those 12-14, and Ruhi study circles).
Everyone is cordially invited. Bring a friend!
Please contact the Group Organizer Marcel here or any of the hosts below with any questions: