We have a special treat before the next Social Entrepreneurship Meetup: Impact Hub Houston and The Cannon Houston have announced their new partnership, and are hosting an interactive AMA discussion for you to learn more, ask questions, and contribute ideas on how they can better help *you*!
From the organizations: "We want our community to reflect the amazing diversity across our city, so we have to move beyond simply discussing diversity and work to create an environment where innovation can thrive and real change can happen. Together, we aim to effectively ‘meet people where they are’ geographically, socially, and culturally, helping diverse entrepreneurs and startups at the myriad intersections of place, purpose, demographics, psychographics, and business growth stages."
To learn what this means for you and for Houston's diverse entrepreneurs, join the organizations' leaders Grace Rodriguez and Michelle Avalos (Impact Hub Houston) and Lawson Gow and Brad True (The Cannon) on September 11 at The Cannon-Main Campus ... then stay and get inspired by Guest Speaker Dr. Heidi Stieglitz Ham, Founder of Spectrum Fusion -- at the Houston Social Entrepreneurship Meetup!
* EVENT SCHEDULE *
- 4:30pm "The Cannon + Impact Hub Houston" AMA Panel with Lawson Gow, Brad True, Grace Rodriguez and Michelle Avalos
Following the AMA, stay for a conversation on social entrepreneurship, featuring Guest Speaker Dr. Heidi Stieglitz Ham, Founder of Spectrum Fusion. Learn Heidi's entrepreneurial journey while meeting like-minded individuals from the social enterprise, impact investing, technology and innovation, and other SDG-related industries!
- 5:30pm Sign-in
- 6:00pm Introduction to Social Entrepreneurship
- 6:15pm Guest Speaker: Dr. Heidi Stieglitz Ham is a social entrepreneur, autism researcher, published author and founder of Spectrum Fusion, a 501(c)3 organization. After listening to parents across continents share their concern regarding the lack of opportunities and positive outcomes for their adult children, she created a vision grounded in the concepts of sense-of-belonging, forming a community, embracing the science of hope, and empowering adults on the spectrum find their purpose. This conceptual vision was presented at TEDx Perth in 2014. Dr. Stieglitz Ham founded Spectrum Fusion in 2014 in Australia, and in 2017 brought her concept of a community-based approach to working with adults on the autism spectrum to the US. She launched The Reactor Room: ‘A Shark Tank’ for Adults on the Autism Spectrum designed to create new and innovative opportunities for individuals who may otherwise never be given a chance. It is the only program of its kind. The Reactor Room Program leverages connections and opportunities for autistic adults through collaborations with Rice University, UTMB, TWU, and the greater community. Each Reactor Room focuses on the individual needs of participants and brings together business leaders, community connectors, entrepreneurs, and individuals with specialized knowledge who come prepared with their ideas and networks specifically tailored for the participants. Dr. Ham is measuring the outcomes of the program together with students at Rice University.
- 7:00pm Networking & open discussion on Impact topics
Come learn from our leaders and from Heidi's journey! Who knows, maybe you'll walk away with new ideas to start your own social venture, or with the inspiration to start investing in impact!
* This event is co-hosted by The Cannon and Impact Hub Houston.
* The Social Entrepreneurship Meetup is co-organized by Fractal River and Impact Hub Houston.
#HOUimpact #HOUtech #socialentrepreneurship #socent #impinv