What we're about
Do you like like being outdoors, challenging yourself physically and traveling to new places? This group is for people who want to meet others with like interests. All experience levels are welcome, from first time campers to seasoned backpackers. BUT, you must be able or wanting to be fit enough for multi day events (such as backpacking) and events that are physically challenging.
Due to the difficulty of our events, new members are reviewed (based on acceptance questions) before approval. The group size will be limited and members are required to be active. Most members will be recruited from the Houston Outdoors Group. If you are declined membership, check out our primary group https://www.meetup.com/HoustonOutdoorsGroup (https://www.meetup.com/HoustonOutdoorsGroup/++)
Events will focus on active members who want to participate in more extensive activities and trips. Such as kayak camping, long weekend backpacking, primitive camping, scuba diving. Events will be located in Texas and other states with the potentially out of country, as well.
• A real name: the name you are called by (first name or nicknames are OK)
• An accurate profile picture: If I can identify you at an event you have an acceptable picture.
• Answer the 3 questions to join the group, this helps our organizers with your experience, be descriptive.
• Live in the greater Houston area.
• We don't accept couples membership, please sign up individually
• Be a member of less than 15 groups.
We strive to maintain an environment for people to participate in activities, enjoy new and old friend's company and make lasting relationships. We also want to promote a safe and welcoming environment at our events and as such we have a simple code of conduct and screen new members. This makes our group safer and less intimidating than open groups. Everyone is welcome to join and participate, but please leave your political, religious and social views at home.