addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Humanists of Rhode Island Message Board › What is germane to RI Humanists?

What is germane to RI Humanists?

biodoc
biodoc
East Greenwich, RI
Post #: 1
Before posting here, I reviewed the "ambiguously diverse" dictionary and wikipedia definitions of humanism, which gave me little insight on this, so how many RI humanists see these issues as germane?

As I hinted on Monday night, I think the growing tension between The 99% and The Lesters over issues like who the federal government should depend on and how to build and use the internet has become more important than issues like separation of church & state, nativity scenes in the capital, and reproductive justice.

That's not to say the latter issues are unimportant. But I've recently begun to think (as Thoreau said so eloquently) that these latter issues might be "the branches of evil" whereas the former issues may be closer to "the root" of evil.

This might be a better topic for a private tête-à-tête, but now that we're out of the Meetup (my apologies for derailing the monthly meeting last week and thanks again Tina for hosting; I had fun) and in asynchronous communication, is anyone open to a public discussion on this?

-Kevin

PS. I'd enjoy email replies on this subject if anyone wants to keep the discussion off the web. My address: inviteme@copyrightx.org