Join us for our annual all-day networking & learning Meetup of all four of our regional facilitation meetup groups, for International Facilitation Week (https://www.iaf-world.org/site/pages/international-facilitation-week) #FacWeek!
This will be a participant-led, peer sharing event - an opportunity for you to network, share and learn with up to 50 or more other facilitators and those who share an interest in facilitation. It will be one of dozens of such face-to-face and online events worldwide, promoting and celebrating the power of facilitation for International Facilitation Week.
Sessions already included in our draft Programme are:
* Sharon Dale on using Liberating Structures (http://liberatingstructures.com) to include and unleash everyone in creating the future
* Bill Staples CPF of IAF Canada on the "Journey from Facilitator to Facilitative Leader" (http://top-facilitation.com/empowering-tools/)
* Helene Jewell on Marketing your Workshop (http://kimbadigital.com/services/marketing-workshop-made-easy/)
* Paul Z Jackson on Improvisation for Facilitators (https://impro.org.uk/)
* Hazel Boyd on how to involve people with physical and cognitive impairments in facilitation (https://www.linkedin.com/in/hazelboyd/)
* Martin Gilbraith on "How engaging can a virtual meeting be?" (https://martingilbraith.com/2018/09/05/how-engaging-can-a-virtual-meeting-be-join-us-to-share-and-learn/)
* Gary Austin CPF & Lindsay Sumner CPF on Professional development with IAF, including CPF accreditation and new 'ProPath' Professional Development Pathway (https://www.iaf-world.org/site/professional/cpf)
Download the draft Programme in pdf from https://trello-attachments.s3.amazonaws.com/59274d3bbece3660392503a9/5a1d5cf81fbe74b67ae291fd/870d35cb92a1ba914eede557054ece22/FacWeek_2018_meetup_agenda.pdf
We will celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the CPF programme, since the first CPFs gained their accreditation in Edinburgh in 1998, with a birthday cake; and we will celebrate the newest CPFs who gained their accreditation at the previous day's CPF Assessment event in Birmingham. We will introduce members of the IAF E&W Leadership Team and candidates for the upcoming chapter Board election.
We invite you to bring a few of your favourite facilitation books and others resources to share with each other - for viewing only and/or for sale.
Prior to the meetup, on Oct 18-19 at BVSC, Martin Gilbraith CPF and Bill Staples CPF will be sharing practical tools to design facilitation approaches with your client in 'ToP Facilitating Client Collaboration (http://eventbrite.co.uk/e/top-facilitating-client-collaboration-training-birmingham-registration-40185408639)', one of three 2-day modules of the IAF-endorsed 'ToP Facilitation Essentials' training programme.
Those arriving on Friday, or staying over from the preceding training and CPF assessment, are invited to gather to start their networking over dinner and drinks from 7pm at Manzils Restaurant curry house, close to the venue - please RSVP separately for Friday evening at https://www.meetup.com/IAF-Midlands-East-of-England-facilitators-friends/events/254959832/ If you would like to book a hotel for Friday night with other meetup participants, you will find at least a few of us staying at the Ibis Birmingham New Street hotel https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-1459-ibis-birmingham-new-street-station/index.shtml
RSVPs, costs & cancellations
All are welcome, members and non-members of IAF (http://www.iaf-world.org/) alike.
This is a non-commercial, peer networking & learning event. We are charging a fee of just £35 to help to cover venue costs. Lunch is also included. Cancellations received by 30 September may be refunded in full. No refunds will be issued after that date.
To book and pay to reserve your place, please RSVP here now by clicking Yes.