The question is not whether to modernise, but how...
Learn how to start your journey to cloud in this the first of our series on the 'Application Modernisation Journey'.
Business pressures demand faster time to market driving the need for app modernisation.
Containers, Kubernetes, microservices, and functions/serverless architectures can deliver speed and simplicity, but what's the right choice to modernise your applications?
Modernising your applications provides immediate benefits:
- Accelerating digital transformation. App modernisation is driven by the need to transform business to build new capabilities and deliver them quickly.
- Improving developer productivity. Enabling self service for developers through adoption of cloud native and containerisation.
- Improving operational efficiency and standardisation. DevOps enablement drives a culture of automation and transformation of operations.
But modernisation is a journey.
Modernisation comes in many flavours. What is right for you?
- Containerise the monolith. Reduce costs and simplify operations.
- Expose on-premise assets with APIs to enable legacy assets that are difficult to cloud enable.
- Refactor into macroservices. Break down monoliths into deployable components.
- Add new microservices. Innovate incrementally & establish success early.
- Strangle the monolith. Incrementally sunset the monolith.
Come join us to understand why application modernisation is at the front of every digital transformation strategy, and get familiar with typical app modernisation approaches and the benefits that they bring to the business and the developer community.
17.30: Registration, food, drinks and networking
18.00: Why take the journey? A business view
18.20: Who is doing this today?
18.40: Where do I start with App Modernisation? What are my choices?
19.00: Panel Q&A
19.30: Networking and drinks
Steve Pollard is a Vice President and Executive Partner within IBM Global Business Services. Woking with sector leaders, clients and partners, Steve is growing and evolving a high performing professional services Multi-Cloud business to support our customers on their Cloud journey. He is an advocate of taking out cost and using automation to enable enterprises to move faster, grow revenues and meet their strategic objectives, be that citizen engagement or topline revenue growth.
He is a recognized authority in IT and transformation strategy and is an innovative and commercially astute IT transformation strategist who works at CXO level with major enterprises on their digital journeys.
Tag is an IBM Cloud Solution Architect experienced in the world of DigitalTransformation and the world of XaaS. He is excited by business change in the 21st Century and the consequent demands on technology. Making the "complicated" "business as usual" has been Tag’s focus for the past 10 years. Through his work with clients as a domain expert for IBM's ground-breaking cloud technologies, Tag has gained significant insight into today's senior IT stakeholder motivations. Tag has worked in various IBM labs, and regularly presents at conferences around the world, focusing on Public and Private Cloud, Kubernetes, Terraform, microservices, BPM, RPA, IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS. Tag also authored two IBM Redbook publications. He can be followed on Twitter@ClaudioTag