Also eager to increase your blockchain skills, but hardly have the chance to do so? In that case, join us and learn the basics of permissioned blockchains and how to build your very own blockchain application. You'll learn how to develop smart contracts and how to deploy this to a Hyperledger Fabric blockchain network.
The demos and code in this workshop are linked to a fictive use-case of how blockchain technology could be applied in a real-world scenario.
After this workshop you will be able to:
- Understand the concepts of permissioned blockchains
- Understand the role of the developer in a blockchain project
- Build your own blockchain application using Hyperledger Fabric
- Identify the types of problems best suited to blockchain solutions
Last but not least...please don't forget to bring your laptop and I'm looking very much forward to meet you all March 21st at The Beacon - Antwerp.
Welcome at 17:00 pm.
Pre-reqs for the workshop:
For the hands-on part of the workshop, you need an IBM Cloud account. You can register for one at:
To save time setting up the local development environment, an OVA (VirtualBox image) has been prepared that contains Visual Code, Hyperledger Fabric 1.4 and the IBM Blockchain extension. Please make sure to complete the following steps before the meetup...
1. Download and install the latest version of VirtualBox from virtualbox.org
2. Download the OVA from: https://ibm.biz/beacon-blockchain
3. Once the OVA has been successfully downloaded, double-click it and accept the defaults in the wizard to import the image into VirtualBox.