In this workshop, Our speakers will be giving an introduction to the devices and protocols that make up the Internet of Things.
Review IOT technologies - devices, communications, sensors and platforms [Quick Recap of Workshop 1]
Followed by a Hands-on Session which includes :
- IBM Cloud sign-up, establishing your own Watson IOT platform instance
- Simulating IOT device traffic, and building flow-based event handling with Node-RED
- Connecting IOT developer kits - Arduino, mbed boards, Raspberry Pis, and EPS8266 devices to the Watson IOT platform
- Building simple integrations with external services - Twitter, Twilio, email, Slack, etc - to handle sensor-triggered events
- Link data into analytics tools - More of this in our upcoming workshops.
This is our second workshop in a series of five that will take you from having an interest in IoT, to deploying, managing, and analysing data from numerous devices with an IoT cloud platform.
Ross Cruickshank [Developer Advocate]
Sean Tracey [Developer Advocate]
18:30 - 19:00 Registration, drinks, snacks and meet the developers
19:00 - 21:00 - IoT Workshop , followed by Networking