• General Information
You may have already heard a colleague, a friend or even a kid saying "Can't you use AI for that?!", and the answer was probably yes but... how?
In this series of free workshops we'll look at how AI is changing how we program and how you can use it in your code, the good news is that it is not even difficult!
Each session will explore a different topic, from Natural Language Understanding to Visual Recognition to Chatbots etc. These are instructor-led workshops so please bring your laptop and be prepared to get hands on.
• What we'll do this week
Chatbots are now a thing, a lot of websites you visit greet you with a conversation window where you can engage with one. During this workshop you'll learn about:
- When you should use a chatbot (and when you shouldn't)
- What makes a good chatbot
- How to easily create one using the Watson Conversation service (no previous coding experience required)
- (bonus) If you're already familiar with the Conversation service, there'll be a second lab about how to call serverless functions from the Conversation service
Laptop required (BYOD)
Arlemi Turpault - Developer Advocate
18:30 - 19:00 Registration, drinks, snacks and meet the developers
19:00 - 21:00 Chatbot Workshop with two hands-on labs based on your level
- Create a simple chatbot using Watson Conversation
- (optional) Call serverless functions from a chatbot
• What to bring
Laptop and chatbot ideas! (if you don't have any we'll give you some)