We are hosting a series of hands-on (BYOD*) workshops. This technical workshop addresses the question: How to start with cloud native Java applications?
We will be covering the following topics: Java development with MicroProfile, Kubernetes, Containers, REST APIs, Traffic Management, and resiliency. Come to see these features in action.
We will use our sample Cloud Native Starter that we open-sourced on GitHub: https://developer.ibm.com/series/cloud-native-starter/
What you can expect during our Meetups: Hands-on, talks, networking, food and drinks!
* Bring Your Own Device
Create a IBM Cloud account via the following link: https://ibm.biz/Bdznn2
Please ensure you have following tools installed on your laptop:
- Visual Studio Code (https://code.visualstudio.com/)
- git (https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Getting-Started-Installing-Git)
- curl (https://curl.haxx.se/download.html
- IBM Cloud CLI (https://cloud.ibm.com/docs/home/tools)
- Docker (https://docs.docker.com/v17.12/install/
- kubectl (https://kubernetes.io/docs/tasks/tools/install-kubectl/)
Please note: WeWork asks all attendees to bring a photo ID and check in to our meetup specifically upon arrival, please. Thank you!
18:00 Registration and Welcome
18:30 Hands-on Workshop
19:30 Networking and Refreshments
Looking forward to seeing you there,
Your IBM Developer Advocacy Team