The Goal: To accelerate products or ideas. To share career and life insights. To bring excitement to projects. To build good things and so make the world a bit of better place through design & experience.
Meetup focused on applying human-centred & design thinking to any profession or business.
International & informal meetup in cooperation with Interaction Design Foundation (https://www.interaction-design.org/) (IDF). Putting people first. Human-centered ideas. Design Thinking.
By understanding and connecting with your user's (a.k.a the human's) needs and not losing them during the design & decision making process when it comes to websites, products and interactions you will:
• Be able to create more successful, pleasing products and experiences
• Loose less time working backwards (after a launch, fixing the mistakes)
• Avoid frustration of unsuccessful product launches
• Avoid wastage (of money and time)
• Possibly create a better world.
*For all user experience and communication design curious folk (beginners, pros, artists, psychologists, marketeers) who are connected by topics bringing together psychology, sociology and technology.
*For UX students, learners and career-switchers.
*For (social) entrepreneurs, marketeers and and business owners looking to understand more of human behaviour to increase the likelihood of success when it comes to websites, products and online experiences.
*For people who see the benefit of building empathy towards your users and clients for the benefit of business and collaboration.
What theories/practices are used and discussed?
Psychology - User Experience Design - Marketing - People - Empathy.
What do I get out of this meetup as an attendee?
• Informal, open discussions with a broad audience
• Practical tips to use for your own website, product or campaign
• Network of like-minded people
• Potential partnerships between UX students and entrepreneurs
• Breakfast Workshop: helping a company/start-up on-spot with their website, UX or marketing related questions.
• Drinks & talks: next to a drink and informal setting, sharing our projects and getting feedback from the community.
Want to contribute as a speaker or provide your case for the attendees to advise on? Drop an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The vision of Interaction Design Foundation (IDF):
"Education is the single most powerful way to lift people out of poverty and change lives. Our vision is to create a sustainable model for equal opportunities to education and to improve the design of technology. It is our vision to give everybody absolutely free access to educational materials of the highest quality possible – whether they live in New York or New Delhi, “ says co-founder Rikke Dam.