What we're about
Upcoming events (1)
On Thursday, September 30th at 6:30 PM, we will be holding a panel discussion on “The Direction of Automation Education” featuring 4 representatives from local colleges and universities. Panelists include:
1. Kathryn Kelley, Director of the Ohio Manufacturing Institute at The Ohio State University
2. Jeffrey Woodson, Professor and Coordinator of the Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technology Program at Columbus State
3. Daniel Mendelsohn, Professor of Automation Systems in the Department of Engineering at Otterbein University
4. Jeffrey Spain, Direction of the Manufacturing Extension Partnership at Columbus State
Each panelist will give a brief, 15-minute presentation on what their institution is doing to advance automation competency on topics such as smart manufacturing, process control, industry 4.0, artificial intelligence, robotics, IIoT, cybersecurity, and more. Following the presentations, there will be an open forum Q&A discussion for you to engage with the panelists.
This meeting will take place at The STEAM Factory at 400 W Rich St in Columbus. Dinner will be provided, so we ask that you RSVP ahead of time to give us a proper head count. For ISA members, please RSVP on our website www.ISA.org/Columbus. Navigate to the events tab and you can add this registration to your cart. If you are not an official ISA member, please RSVP using Meetup. Please note there will not be an option to attend this meeting virtually.
For non-ISA members, we are charging $15 to attend this event to cover the cost of your meal. Students, however, may attend for free. You may pay ahead of time by registering here on Meetup, or you may pay by cash/check/credit card upon arrival at the meeting.
Please find the meeting flyer and calendar invitation attached. Here are some helpful instructions for parking and navigating:
• Please park in the gravel lot on Lucas Street between Rich and Town St.
• Our entrance is the northwest teal door (with “400” painted on it) near the intersection of Lucas and Town St. It is the only entrance with an attached ramp.
• This building is a secure building, so the doors will be locked. An ISA volunteer will meet you at the entrance to let you in. There will also be signage posted with contact information in case you arrive late so someone can come down and let you in. Once inside, there will be more signage directing you to the meeting space.
Also please note that per OSU’s COVID policies, masks will be required regardless of vaccination status.