Have some fun with your camera this summer and join in the FIREWORKS PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE for July.
With July 4th and all kinds of summer events around New England there will be no shortage of opportunities to photograph a fireworks display this month. This "virtual" event is your chance to practice this photo skill and share your photos with the group.
How you can participate:
1) Attend and photograph a fireworks display during the month of July
2) Post your results on this event page. Put the good . the bad and the ugly shots up on this page so the group can share and learn from your efforts.
3) Check out the work that everyone posts on this event site. Participate in the conversation and add your thoughts and insights with comments. We can all learn from each other.
The more you shot the better you will get at this type of photography. Attend as many fireworks shows as you can and add your work frequently during the month of July.
If you want some ideas on how to photograph fireworks I have prepared a photo tip sheet.
To get your free copy of my FIREWORKS PHOTOGRAPHY TIP SHEET send me an email to [masked] and put "fireworks" in the subject line. I will reply with a PDF document attached to my message. It includes information about shooting techniques and camera settings.
SPECIAL OFFER: I decided to sweeten the pot and try to motivate more of you to participate in this photo challenge by offering a reward for the best photo. Post your photos on this event page for a chance to win a private TWO HOUR PRIVATE TUTORING SESSION (worth $250) with me at my Nashua studio.
Here are the rules for entry:
1) Your FIREWORKS photo has to be created between July and July 30 this year (2012). No old photos from the archives are eligible - the idea is to go out and shoot something new.
2) Your photos you want to be considered for this contest must be posted onto this event website by midnight on July 30, 2012 to enter in the contest.
3) I will select the best five (5) images from all of those posted here and will post them online to be voted on by the public to select the best of the bunch. My selection on the 5 finalist will be based on my opinion of the creative and technical merits that I consider the best image making from this challenge.
4) The image that receives the most votes will be awarded the prize of the one on one TUTORING SESSION with me.
The TWO HOUR TUTORING SESSION can include instruction on any photo subject that you want to work on.
I will provide links and details for the online voting the last week of July with reminders to post your photos.