What we’re about
Enrich you journey, broaden your mind.
Indie Horizons provides immersive coaching workshops and experience design services to business organisations and individual travellers, using travelling experiences as educational material and personal development tool. The Travel Coaching methodology aims at enhancing critical thinking, providing inspirational food for thought, exposing our minds to new possibilities, and challenging our perspectives.
Visit our website to discover more:
Upcoming events (1)See all
- Syntagma & Ermou walkSyntagma Square, Athina€30.00
The souks of Athens: an immersive Travel Coaching workshop exploring the festive commercial centre of an international city.
· A square of false and failed promises. When is a compromise a worse solution than its alternatives?
· What is the point of keeping outdated traditions in the modern world? Is tradition an anchor or a dead weight?
· How easy is to successfully introduce “exotic” elements in our “home cooking”? Can these elements be truly "authentic" or just adapted to the local palate?
· Who could be the “Little Match Girl” of Andersen’s tale in modern day commercial Athens?
· Who could be the character of Scrooge in the contemporary world? What would be his “crimes”?
Coaching themes: #entrepreneurship, #tradition, #globalisation
ABOUT SYNTAGMA & ERMOU
The area around Syntagma square is the traditional commercial heart of the city, along the main Ermou street and its side streets, each dedicated to specific items, such as clothes, drapes, buttons, or jewellery. This is also where the downtown nightlife is most vibrant, with many cool bars and modern restaurants, offering innovative Greek dishes or world cuisine, a sign of the international character of the city. However, there are also signs of the glorious past, from medieval churches to grand marble cathedrals, elegant 19th century buildings, and exclusive membership clubs. This is the most festive part of the city during Christmas, and an ideal place to discuss traditions and favourite tales.
Workshop duration: 4hr (2hr walk & 2hr talk)
Starting point: Syntagma metro station
Walking distance: 3km
Number of participants: 8-16 persons
Workshop cost: 30€/person* (not including transportation, entrance fees, food & drinks)
*early bird discount -5€ (limited tickets available, up to 2 weeks before)
(reference: "Ermou walk" / your name)