Time to dust off your software testing hat and join us for our inaugural Social Testing Competition - a friendly competition between software test enthusiasts to find bugs in a software application or website.
Modeled after Software Testing World Cup (STWC), the Social Testing Competition is Inflectra's new initiative to nurture, support and strengthen the DC/DMV-area software testing community, while using the best practices and lessons learned from well-established testing events, such as Israel Software Testing Cup 2017 (ISTC) and STWC.
5:00 - 5:30 pm - Participant orientation
5:30 - 7:30 pm - Social Testing Competition
7:30 - 8:00 pm - Award Ceremony & Wrap up
1. Anyone can test
2. The testing period is two hours (2h), during which you test
3. The real-life application to be tested will be announced at the start of the competition
4. The winner will be selected based on the highest number of bugs found that are reproducible
5. The final deliverable is the issues you’ve found and a test report, focusing on major issues. The test reports should be straightforward and submitted before the end of competition
6. We will use SpiraTest to manage each participant's tests and track all test reports.
What You Need:
- A laptop, or tablet at the event
- Get familiar with SpiraTest before the event (getting started videos are available here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1GncVUgF5nud52AdNX-_s-I8KkAdX614 )
-Register via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/software-testing-competition-registration-33559606687
What You Get:
- The top three winners will receive awesome prizes, including an Apple iPad.
- The more people that take part, the better prizes we will have, so please invite your friends!
Place: The event will take place at WeWork Manhattan Laundry in Washington, DC.
Date: March 14, 2018, between 5:00-8:00 pm.
Refreshments will be served.
Come one, come all!
For all inquiries, please email us at [masked]