Workshop #2: Implement immutable infrastructure on Azure with ARM templates
Welcome to the second workshop in the series of hands-on Infrastructure as Code workshops!
During our last session, you learned what ARM templates are and how to work with them. This time, you will use this knowledge and experience to implement immutable infrastructure with automated blue/green provisioning and deployment pipelines.
This workshop is rated level 200-300 with a target audience of developers and architects working with Azure infrastructure.
- design and implement immutable infrastructure on Azure using ARM templates;
- create and configure a set of CI/CD pipelines for infrastructure provisioning and deployment.
Some practical information:
- Please keep your RSVP updated. I need to know how many of you are actually planning to join the workshop.
- This is an on-line event and we will use Microsoft Teams as a platform
- The link to the Microsoft Teams meeting will be sent to participants one day before the event.
- This is a hands-on workshop. That means that most of the time you will be working with labs individually.
- Each lab will be time-boxed. If you are not finished with the lab in time, don't worry. You can finish all labs later.
- I will publish my version of completed labs, so you can check and compare them with your version.
- If you didn't attend the first workshop, I recommend you to complete all labs from this workshop https://github.com/evgenyb/iac-meetup/blob/master/workshops/01-how-to-live-in-harmony-with-ARM-templates/agenda.md.
Please spend some time before the workshop to make sure that you have installed/registered/configured all prerequisites.
Detailed information about prerequisites can be found here https://github.com/evgenyb/iac-meetup/blob/master/workshops/02-implement-azure-infrastructure-with-arm-templates/prerequisites.md, but in short, you need:
- a laptop
- Microsoft Teams
- VS code
- Azure Resource Manager (ARM) Tools plug-in for VS Code
- an active Azure account
- an active Azure DevOps account
- installed az cli
Looking forward to meeting you!