addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Inland Empire Preppers Message Board › Helpers for TV Show

Helpers for TV Show

A former member
Post #: 646
I'm going to be participating in a pilot for a TV show with a survivalist theme. I need 2-5 helpers that will be on camera, but not have speaking parts. My role is the food inventory, meals and wild food foargaing for a group of 35-40 refugees from a volcanic eruption. I need people who can follow orders, don't mind getting dirty, will assist (on camera) with food prep and is willing to try "new" things. On camera I will be butchering a squirrel although in reality what we prepare for the survivors camp will be bits of chicken meat (there's no way I'm butchering two dozen squirrels to feed the crowd). Also, while I'm out with the camera crew and volunteer foragers looking for wild plants I need to realistically look like I've left the "kitchen" in the hands of a caplable team. I will have solar cookers set up and demo them with pots of rice and beans. Part of the helpers job is to turn the cookers regularly so they are always correctly facing the sun. I'll teach you everything you need to know.
If you have a hand gun and holster, we enourage you to wear it, but no ammo! Your clothing needs to be muted browns, tans, olive greens, etc to blend in the the pine forests around us but no cammo! We don't want to look like a militia .... just a bunch of well prepared refugees. Each of us will be given a tan cap to wear so we can identify our group. We will need to have and periodically wear goggles and dust masks. We may or may not get dusted down with "ash". Our camp will have several tarped areas to keep the "ash" off of us.
Filming will be done in Nevada, although the scenario is an eruption of the super volcano in Yellowstone. You can either stay on location (in your tent) or drive to the nearest town each night after shooting. Nearest town is about one hour away.
You will NOT get paid for this. And there's no guarantee this pilot will make it to telivision. If it does, we could be looking at at least 6 episodes so we want to make sure this is good!
A former member
Post #: 647
Gee how I hate that cut and pasting resulted in my nice neat draft getting all squshed together!
A former member
Post #: 662
Thank you to everyone who sent me emails! I have plenty of potential helpers now. If the pilot show goes to air I will make sure to post the date!
A former member
Post #: 687
Well, it turns out one of my helpers got a job. Good for her! But now her and her family will not be participating in the TV show pilot. Which means I'm short handed.

I need a couple of people to help on the food team. Duties will include helping with camp set-up, inventory of food as the base members or refugees add their items to the collective, washing dishes assembly line style, cutting up vegetables or whatever, watching and turning the solar ovens as needed, etc. When kitchen duties are done you can help in other groups such as medical. security, communications, sanitation, etc. You won't have a speaking part but you'll be on film in the background many times.
Filming will be two days in the early part of June and will be done in Nevada.