addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

San Diego International Meetup Message Board › World Travels Photo Slide Show!

World Travels Photo Slide Show!

A former member
Post #: 99
One of the group members made a suggestion at the Adam's Ave festival that sounded like it would be perfect for this group. It could also interest those who are in the photo and travel groups.

His idea was that we have events where 2-3 people are given 30 min to show photos from a place they traveled to. This way we get to see and hear various adventures and locations that aren't found in travel guides and tours. It would be like an insider's guide to travel, especially for those who have lived in different countries.

For example, I would show photos from Sri Lanka and talk about some places of interest or answer questions if some photos seem of interest to someone. I realize no one is going to go to Sri Lanka anytime soon, but this was my example. I think there are so many of you who have been to, and lived, in amazing places, and it would be so great to hear stories and see pictures of some your adventures.

Hong Kong seemed to be on the priority list!!!
Anyone have places they'd like to know more about? Please feel free to post your thoughts and ideas about making this an event or about countries and places you'd like to know more about.
Cham
p.s. If there is immediate interest, we can even have one slide show after the documentary night. Anyone from Korea or been there?
Joni
divajoni
San Diego, CA
Post #: 62
this is a really good idea, cham!
Jenn :.
jlb92102
San Diego, CA
Post #: 462
Maybe Joni, Victor, and I could do a joint presentation on Poland! It sounds like fun!

Maybe Sudha could do Egypt. I'd like to learn more about her trip. Also, Mary was in the Baltics this summer. That would be really interesting. I was supposed to go there this summer, but ran out of time/money. Ricky is from Hong Kong. He could give us an insiders perspective. I spent a little time there, too, and could show a few of my photos. Nick just got back from Vienna. Hmmm....

Anyone want to nominate other presenters? :)

Jenn
A former member
Post #: 104
Some people have expressed their interest in making this happen. If you would like to be one of our first presenters please let it be known. We would love to hear more about the places traveled and lived. Considering this is such a huge international group and travel enthusiasts, I would love to have such an event and get a chance to hear real travel stories.

Anyone? Anyone? or just let it be known what your feelings and thoughts are about this.
Anyone have a place/ space/ projector?
Joni
divajoni
San Diego, CA
Post #: 66
my place would be OK for about up to 7 people... i have fairly large tv hooked up to a mac. so, files could be read from CD or USB memory devices.
A former member
Post #: 56
what a great idea! my most recent trip was a little less than a month in south america ~ buenos aires, argentina and montevideo and punta del este in uruguay. ricky leaves for argentina and chile tomorrow for a few weeks. maybe ricky and i can present argentina in december or january if there's interest. mary winograd is from buenos aires, so she can shed a lot of insight into culture and customs. ~ :) ~ felicia

* has anyone spent time in san miguel de allende, mexico? i'd love to see and hear about it. *