NEW INFORMATION: PLEASE READ!
This is a dog walk and a session of focus and impulse control drills for dog owners that want space to work their dog around other dogs.
* TIME: 7:00 PM Tuesday nights.
* DONATION NOW REQUESTED: If you are not currently a private training client or have a current arrangement with either Kay or Aaron, you are now requested to provide a donation to attend this walk.
We are asking between $1 - $10 donation and you can leave it with Aaron or Kay or send a donation to the group Paypal address: [masked]. Thank you so much!
* NEW LOCATION: North side of the United Artists Theatre parking lot in Roseville on the corner of N. Sunrise and Eureka. Take the Eureka road exit from 80. The address is 568 N. Sunrise Blvd. Park on outskirts so you are not unloading dogs into walkers. Thank you.
* WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU GET THERE: Station yourself in back of a cone and place your dog's water bowl there.
* If you are new to the walk, please show up a little bit early and let one of us know if you would like some assistance. If you think you will need more than a few minutes to get acclimated to the event, please let us know in advance you will need help by posting a comment below or messaging us through meetup.
For the safety and consideration of all dog/handler teams, the following rules must be observed.
1. Keep a minimum of 10 feet of distance between other teams at all times.
2. You must walk the same direction as everyone else.
3. No face-to-face greetings by dogs. No greetings at all unless preapproved.
4. Two hands on your leash all the time.
5. Absolutely no off leash dogs at this event at any time. Go somewhere else and reward with off leash play time.
6. Dogs MUST wear equipment they cannot escape from and have identification on them.
7. Be nice. If you cannot or will not, you will be excused from coming back.
8. Don't park by the cones. Do not let your dogs pee on the cones. If they do, please rinse it off for us!
THINGS TO REMEMBER:
* You are responsible for your own dog. Please keep a watchful eye on the environment. It's okay to tell someone they are too close.
*If your dog is out of control, hard to hang onto, aggressive, or incredibly shy, please consider a private lesson with Kay or Aaron. You can message the group or 916.340.5597. to set that up.
* Your dog is always learning. Guide him, be a good example, catch him doing the right thing, and have fun.
* Keeping your dog "under threshold" is the only way for him to have the ability to learn. Work your dog on focus and reward lavishly with praise and treats. Always work your dog well away from the other dogs so he can focus on you easily and desensitize to the presence of unfamiliar dogs.
* Please do not exhaust or overstimulate your dog. If your dog has had enough, please feel free to return to your car and leave. If your dog tires of the drills, you may sit any of them out.
BRING THESE TO THIS EVENT:
*High-value treats, chicken, cheese, or hot dogs and LOTS more than you think you'll use.
* Water and a container for your dog to drink from.
* Patience and a good attitude.
* Poop bags and a willingness to use them.
* Your dog in escape-proof equipment and a six-foot leash or shorter.
* A folding chair if you want a place to set your things or a place to sit.
LEAVE THESE AT HOME:
* Prong collar.
* Retractable leash.
* Pinch collar.
* Shock collar.
* Choke chain.
Waiver and Release of Liability:
By RSVPing for this walk, you hereby release, waive, discharge and hold harmless any organizer of this meetup group as well as the City of Roseville, Kay's Dog Training, Intuitive Dog Training, Meetup.com, its officers, agents, volunteers, and directors from any and all liability, claims, and expenses whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, that may be sustained to you or your dog as a result of your participation in this walk.