This month, we welcome 3D Hubs, a leading 3D printing service with a network of 3D printers and over 20,000 locations. Their team will demo and discuss rapid prototyping for IoT using 3D printing. We'll also touch on mass customization and speed/material considerations.
We'll also hear from Skill Mill NYC, a space on the UWS that is also a hub in the 3D Hubs network. Skill Mill will describe its space and provide an overview of free or low cost design software options used to create 3D objects for production.
6:30 - 6:45pm: Food, drink, discussion
6:45 - 7:05pm: Welcome, sponsor msg, topic intro, member announcements/asks [Linda Drabik, IoT NY organizer]
7:05 - 7:50pm: Rapid prototyping via 3D printing [Dano Wall, 3D Hubs]
7:50 - 8:05pm: 3D Printing in NYC & low cost software [Godwyn Morris, Skill Mill NYC]
8:05 - 8:30pm: Networking and event wraps up
About 3D Hubs (http://www.3Dhubs.com)
Radically changing how we make and distribute things
3D printing enable consumer products to be made on-demand and close to their point of purchase, eliminating waste from overproduction and transport. 3D Hubs is accelerating a future in which goods aren’t made in large factories overseas but 3D printed by local service bureaus and makers.
Read our manifesto (https://www.3dhubs.com/manifesto)
Providing over 1 Billion people access to 3D printing
In 2013 we started our mission to connect all 3D printing services globally into one online platform and make them locally accessible. Today, we’re already providing over one Billion people with access to 3D printing within 10 miles of their home.
Want to know more about 3D printing for your IoT project? Check out:
- What is 3D Printing: The definitive guide to additive manufacturing (https://www.3dhubs.com/what-is-3d-printing) an extensive breakdown of 3D printing, taking you through all aspects from the technical to the practical.
- The Knowledge Base (https://www.3dhubs.com/knowledge-base#section=featured) expert articles written covering topics as optimization of design, how to reduce the cost of your 3D prints and how to scale or split your model.
About Skill Mill NYC (http://www.skillmillnyc.com/)
Skill Mill NYC:
- Hosts workshops, classes and events on a range of hands-on skills (software, crafts, Arduino)
- Provides design services to help you make your idea a functional, beautiful reality
- Provides prototyping services on our machines by skilled technicians
- Offers unique customizable products (home furnishings, gifts, party favors...)
- Is a "hub" in the 3D Hubs network
Thank you to our sponsor:
ELEKS (http://eleks.com/) is a trusted global organization that provides offshore, full-cycle, software product engineering services, from ideation to finished products. Since 1991, we’ve been helping businesses innovate and build advanced software products that matter, leveraging technologies such as Data Analytics, the Internet of Things, mobile applications and wearables.
Our award-winning solutions have significantly contributed to the success of our customers, including Fortune 500® companies, and are recognized as a valuable part of international best practices. Our delivery organization, consisting of approximately 900 professionals in Eastern Europe, is strengthened by a local presence in the U.S., Europe and the UK.