NOTICE: This workshop is also suitable for people which are mainly interested in learning how to program their own Arduino.
During this workshop you can learn how to use the Arduino IDE for programming Wireless Sensor Actuator Networks based on 6loWPAN-Transceivers from http://www.osdomotics.com (Merkur-Board).
The workshop will start at 19:00 (sharp)
• Short introduction of 6loWPAN wireless sensor and actuator networks
• Short introduction into the Merkur-Boards
• Installation of the Arduino-IDE on your notebook, adding the Merkur-Board, connection to the Merkur-Board over the USB-serial-adapter.
• First steps with Arduino-IDE for Merkur-Board: LED blinking.
• Chat between Merkur-Boards over the 6loWPAN network
• Write your own code to read/write the I/O of the Merkur-Board
Please bring in:
• Your own Laptop with an installed Arduino IDE (see Tutorial: http://osdwiki.open-entry.com/doku.php/de:projekte:arduinoide) (if you wanna do this during the workshop than you will get some help.)
• If you have: your Merkur-Board and the USB-serial-adapter
• If you have no Merkur-Board or USB-serial-adapter, the you will get them for this workshop
A WiFi-Internet access will be available and offered from StockWerk
For optimal personal advising we will have several trainers.
Trainer: Harald Pichler (http://www.meetup.com/IoT-Vienna/members/134441962/) from OSDOMOTICS (http://www.osdomotics.com)
Trainer: Florian Schweikert
YOU WANNA BUY A MERKUR-BOARD?
If you wanna buy your own Merkur-Board or USB-serial-adapter you can do it online ( http://www.coxcoon.at ), contact Harald or during our workshop.
StockWerk Coworking (www.stockwerk.co.at (http://www.stockwerk.co.at/)) offers the locations for our event:
At StockWerk you can rent a desk for hours, days, weeks or month, small offices, conference rooms or event spaces.
OSDOMOTICS (www.osdomotics.com (http://www.osdomotics.com/)) offers us the hardware for our IoT Workshops.
OSDOMOTICS is a Vienna based club for developing open source hardware and software for smart home automation.
coxcoon ( http://www.coxcoon.at ) offers us the hardware for our IoT Workshops.
Coxcoon is the online shop where you can buy the stuff from OSDOMOTICS.
• We are looking for sponsors to offer the community free drinks. If you are interested becoming our sponsor please contact one of our organizers.
• Every sponsor will be mentioned here on this website and during our event.
• Every sponsor can put some ad-stuff on our sponsor table during our event.
• Every sponsor could make an job announcement.