What we're about
There is a growing need for digital accessibility and inclusive design. The Department of Justice has been handing down ruling after ruling requiring digital products and services to be accessible.
Do you author, design or develop websites or software applications?
Ever wonder how people with disabilities use computers and the Internet?
Want to learn more about assistive technology and how you can help deliver exceptional user experiences to people of all abilities and disabilities?
This meetup will give you an opportunity to network and learn about:
• Who benefits from accessibility.
• What is accessibility, inclusive design, Section 508 and WCAG.
• When to use ARIA.
• Where to find guidelines and tools.
• Why build accessibility into your applications.
• How to test and fix accessibility problems in your products.
Bring the world wide web to an even wider audience and empower people with disabilities to use your products effortlessly! Be an advocate for accessible software, websites and apps, become an accessibilibuddy.