We’ll be following the official rules for a Short Game, as well as the regular official rules as published by Hasbro. Short game rules are listed below:
RULES for a SHORT GAME (60 to 90 minutes)
1. During PREPARATION, the Banker shuffles then deals
three Title Deed cards to each player. These are free - no payment to the Bank
2. You need only three houses (instead of four) on each lot of a complete color-group before you may buy a hotel. Hotel rent remains the same. The turn-in value is still one-half the purchase price, which in this game is one house less than in the regular game.
3. If you land in Jail you must exit on your next turn by 1) using a “Get Out of Jail Free” card if you have (or can buy) one; or 2) rolling doubles; or 3) paying $50. Unlike the standard rules, you may try to roll doubles and, failing to do so, pay the $50 on the same turn.
4. The penalty for landing on “Income Tax” is a flat $200.
5. NEW RULE - Everyone is encouraged to trade and not hold the game up.
6. END OF GAME:
The game ends when one player goes bankrupt. The remaining players value their property: (1) cash on hand; (2) lots, utilities and railroads owned, at the price printed on the board; (3) any mortgaged property owned, at one-half the price printed on the board;(4) houses, valued at purchase price; (5) hotels, valued at purchase price including the value of the three houses turned in. The richest player wins! Honestly - we've been playing until the bitter end. So I'm going to leave it as a game time decision.