Registrations open Friday, August 26th 12:30 PM GMT-0
The term "Progressive Web App" refers to web applications built with a group of technologies, such as service workers, and push notifications, that can bring native-like performance and user experience to web apps.
You get a chance to have a hands-on whole-day intro workshop into all these exciting new technologies and get started building your own installable, responsive, engaging progressive webapp with the help of experienced mentors from Mozilla
================= Important! =================
This is a hands-on workshop, please Bring-Your-Own-Device (and a charger! :)
Any modern OS would work just fine.
Please also note, we have a very limited capacity so please RSVP only if you can dedicate your full day to the workshop. If you changed your mind - please update your RSVP in order to give a place to people in waiting list.
István Szmozsánszky "Flaki" (@slsoftworks)
Frontend Trainer, JS HW-hacker, Mozilla TechSpeaker from Hungary
Andrzej "Ender" Mazur (@end3r)
HTML5 Game Developer, Enclave Games founder, also js13kGames and Gamedev.js Weekly. Mozilla Rep, Tech Speaker and MDN writer from Poland.
• 9:00 - 10:00 Doors open, breakfast and networking
• 10:00 - 11:00 Introduction to PWA and Workshop Setup
• 11:00 - 12:30 Deep dive into Service Workers and going Offline First
• 12:30 - 14:00 Lunch Break, chat/questions/networking
• 14:00 - 14:30 About the “App Shell”, best practices & service worker tooling
• 14:30 - 15:30 Web application manifest: Add-to-Homescreen and Splash Screen
• 15:30 - 16:30 Intro to advanced PWA features: Push Notifications, Background Sync
• 16:30 - 17:00 Q&A
Later: beer, lemonade, service workers - chill conversations with workshop mentors & organizers! Ask your questions and chat about progressive webapps and web stuff in general with a drink.
This workshop helps you build a largely static PWA, but some tooling is required, including:
• Node.js >= v0.12.7 and working NPM (bundled with Node)
• Chrome 47 or above. Suggested: a separate profile or side-by-side install (e.g.Canary) for debugging
• Firefox Developer Edition (latest)
There will be time to verify your setup in the first session.
We have adopted a Code of Conduct - http://confcodeofconduct.com (http://confcodeofconduct.com/) . Please help us have a pleasant event by abiding to it.
See you soon!