What we're about
Jewish Boomers is a Jewish group for singles and couples whose members were born between 1946–1964. The group’s purpose is to provide a means for Jewish social interaction through various events and activities in Wake County and vicinity. Jewish Boomers is a program of Raleigh-Cary JCC. This is a volunteer driven program open to suggestions. We do not program on Shabbat or Jewish holidays. This group connects newcomers to Jewish life in Raleigh-Cary as well as helping longtime residents connect with new people.
The JCC Jewish Boomers MeetUp is maintained by the Raleigh-Cary JCC and it is meant to be a vehicle for connecting individuals through the events that are posted. This MeetUp is not a forum for airing personal grievances or viewpoints. This is a monitored page - comments that do not align to our mission and purpose will be deleted. We welcome all to participate in a respectful and tasteful manner. The following are guidelines that we expect all members of this group to adhere to.
• We have zero tolerance for bullying or disrespectful comments. Failure to comply to these rules will result in deletion of your comments and removal from the group.
• RSVP/cancellations for events should be done at least 48 hours prior to the event.
• No business solicitation of any kind is permissible.
• All events are open to both couples and singles.
• Suggesting events on the Meet-up site is greatly encouraged. Once a suggestion is posted to the site, two additional responses are required for it to then become "announced" on the Meet-up site.
• Events will be held in the Raleigh/Cary communities.
• Limited spots may occur to due facility restrictions. A "wait" list will be created and members will be notified by Meet-Up if spots become available as a result of cancellations. Therefore, it is of great importance to keep R.S.V.P.s current, as to allow who have been wait listed the opportunity to attend.
Please address any questions or concerns to Jill Lokitz, JCC Director of Programming Jill.Lokitz@ShalomRaleigh.org