What we're about
Upcoming events (1)
Needs a location
WordCamp Jinja 2022 (Fri 2nd– Sat 3rd Sept 2022) will be a major community event in Jinja City, Uganda, where WordPress developers, website designers, online publishers, students and teachers will converge to share comprehensive knowledge and experiences, and to meet other WordPress users. Its going to be a great networking event that will also attract guests from all over Uganda and beyond. The main host venue will be The Innovation Village, Plot 5 Main Street, Jinja City.
There will be something for everyone – beginner’s training, inspirational talks, showcases, best practices, latest trends, plus an after party with lots of fun and camping at the Source of the Nile in Jinja!
- Diverse Speaker Presentations will be delivered on various topics ranging from what's new in the WordPress ecosystem, show cases, website optimization (SEO, security, performance), developer tools and best practices, contributing to open source and the WordPress project, web business and professionalism, digital marketing, etc.
- Web Design Hackathon will connect volunteer developers with local startups in need of websites. There will be a dev challenge for Websites to be setup and a showcase of work-done be presented on the last day of the WordCamp! The Hackathon will also serve as an opportunity for meeting and working with new people! More details about the hackathon in this tweet.
- Teachers Workshop will explore the integration of WordPress in the local education curriculum. Teachers will be trained on how to introduce WordPress to their students for web design topic in O-level computer studies exam, for project work and world of work assessment. Vital teaching and learning resources such as the lesson plans at learn.wordpress.org will be shared. Teachers will also be inspired to take on Web Design as a side business to earn extra income alongside their school salaries! Registration of teachers and students is being done by the ICT Teachers Association via this link: bit.ly/wordcampjinja.
- A visit to the Source of the Nile - Jinja city is nestled on the shores of Lake Victoria, Africa’s largest lake, and is deeply rooted in colorful history. The city is home to the source of the Nile, the longest river in the world. River Nile is one of the major geographic superlatives on the earth and from time immemorial, and it has been an outstanding natural land feature worth mentioning in historical books including the holy bible. The New Iconic Nile Bridge is the gateway to Jinja City. WordCamp Jinja will be wrapped up in style with a group photo and fun at the Source of Nile!
- Accommodation For those coming to Jinja for their first time, there are several hotels and guest houses where you can reside. Check though this listing by booking.com: bit.ly/jinjahotels. You can also contact the WordCamp team on [masked] for more inquiries and guidance.
Full schedule of activities will be published soon.
There are several ways to get involved! Check out details below:
- Purchase Attendee Tickets: https://jinja.wordcamp.org/2022/tickets/
- Call for Sponsors: https://jinja.wordcamp.org/2022/call-for-sponsors/
- Call for Speakers: https://jinja.wordcamp.org/2022/call-for-speakers/
- Call for Volunteers: https://jinja.wordcamp.org/2022/call-for-volunteers/
Looking forward to a wonderful WordCamp at the Nile Source! For real time updates, you can join the WordPress Jinja Meetup WhatsApp group through this link bit.ly/wpjinja or call/inbox [masked] / [[masked]](tel:[masked]