The goal of this meetup is for the attendee to become acquainted with R and R Studio in order to start their analytics journey.
Note that this meetup will focus on teaching the fundamentals of the programming language R, and will not teach statistical analysis.
* Start at 18:00
* 18:00 - 18:05 Welcome - Luis de Sousa
* 18:05 - 18:10 A word from our hosts Jemstep - Kevin Trethewey
* 18:10 – 20:00 Introduction to R - Gemma Dawson & Luis de Sousa
* Finish at 20:00
* Gemma Dawson: Spent 10 years teaching in both South Africa and South Korea before making the leap into data science. She completed her BSc(Hons) in Operations Research earlier this year and currently works for Icepack, a startup that offers optimisation as a service.
* Luis de Sousa: Studied Software Engineering at Wits. He is a director at Syeop, a consulting company specialising in Data, Analytics and Insight using Microsoft technologies. R is his programming language of choice when dealing with analytics. 😎
There isn't a great deal of parking at 138 West Street, so if we are full then you need to park at Sandton City (Nelson Mandela Square) and walk over, or rather Uber in.
Drinks (soft drinks/local beers) and pizza kindly sponsored by Jemstep https://www.jemstep.com
Slides from meetup (uploaded after the event)