[Super Awesome Speaker] Nitsan Wakart presents JVM Profiler Mechanics
A blogger (http://psy-lob-saw.blogspot.com/) and a coder with a pedantic passion for performance. My work has spanned army intelligence systems, dot.com era startups, financial institutions and innovative product companies. Currently the Lead Performance Eng. for Azul Systems (http://www.azulsystems.com/) by day, and main contributor to kickass lock free data structures library JCTools (https://github.com/JCTools/JCTools) by night.
We will take a deep dive into the guts of Honest-Profiler, an unbiased sampling CPU profiler for the JVM, and the JVM internals which enable it to work.
• Introduction: CPU profiling, sampling and biases explained.
• How does it hang together? interrupts, non-blocking code and an unofficial API
• Sampling the instruction pointer: how it works and limits of accuracy
• Walking the stack: demangling a mixed Java/native stack, challenges and limitations
• Reading a profile: flat profile vs. tree profile vs. flamegraphs
The talk will include some counter examples from other profilers(JVisualVM/JMC/YourKit/ZVision).
18:00 - 19:00 Social and food
19:00 - 20:00 Nitsan Wakart
20:00 - 21:00 After party @ BBD
The sponsor for Nitsan's flights, accommodation ,the venue, food and drink is BBD.
The Jozi-JUG is dedicated to a harassment-free experience for everyone. Our anti-harassment policy can be found here (https://github.com/Jozi-JUG/constitution/blob/master/anti_harassment_policy.txt).