What we’re about
KANSAS CITY DOG CLUB - SOCIAL CLUB FOR HUMANS & DOGS
KC Dog Club is not a basic Meetup Group. Simply, we are a social club and we use Meetup as a tool to manage membership & events.
Anyone can take their dog to the park...
Kansas City Dog Club members are excited to meet new people, explore new areas of Kansas City, develop long-lasting friendships with other human members of the club, share the club with other dog lovers, and create a great community of dog-lovin' people in the Kansas City area.
In Kansas City Dog Club, we get-together for all types of dog-related events throughout the Kansas City metro area - weeknight group dog walks (our most popular get-togethers!), weekend morning hikes with hounds, dog park get-togethers, brunch & happy hour on the patio with the pooches at local restaurants (and bars and breweries, of course), attend dog-related charity events as a group, dog-related volunteer opportunities, potlucks at members' homes (AKA super-exclusive dog parks), dog festivals, and many other types of dog-lovin' entertainment.
All club members are encouraged to suggest any dog-related get-together for the KC Dog Club calendar. If you don't see an upcoming get-together that fits your schedule or in your neck-of-the-woods, no problem - just suggest one!
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BECOME A KC DOG CLUB MEMBER?
- Own a dog
- Fill out your profile completely, using your real first name
- Upload a profile photo that clearly shows your entire face from the front with no sunglasses or obstructions, where you are looking at the camera and you are the only person in the photo
- Participate. Attend at least 1 event every 6 months and don't no-show when you RSVP for a get-together
Four guidelines. That's a pretty simple formula to build a great community.
DOES YOUR DOG HAVE "ISSUES?"
Don't worry if your dog is a "pain in the butt!" One of KC Dog Club's missions is to help socialize dogs with humans and other dogs. If your dog has special needs - needs to walk at the front of the pack or the back of the pack - just let us know. If your dog doesn't like to be touched, no problem. Kansas City Dog Club members are here to help the pups - and humans - through their anxieties.
MORE INFO ABOUT KANSAS CITY DOG CLUB
- Full membership guidelines can be found at http://www.kcdogclub.com/guidelines/
- By joining KC Dog Club, you agree to all club guidelines.
- If you cannot commit club membership guidelines or if you would like to "check out" Kansas City Dog Club before joining, we host "open to the public" events every once in a while. You are welcome to attend public events without joining the club.
- Subscribe to our newsletter to be notified of public events - http://kcdogclub.com/newsletter/
- We also offer a Sponsoring Membership for those who want to be in the club, but cannot attend one get-together every three months. Get details - http://kcdogclub.com/sponsoring-membership/
- Send us a message if you have any questions - http://www.kcdogclub.com/contact/