[If you are a recruiter or an employer, and wishing to attend, please RSVP directly to Kunjan Shah.]
For our March meetup, member Amit Jain discuss Swift Development. Swift has seen a meteoric rise in usage and the iOS community has been "swiftly" adopting it to write production code. It's a good time to be a Cocoa developer. This Meetup will be about how to write Swift day-to-day to make better and less buggy iOS apps. We will talk about:
- How common design patterns from Objective-C translate to Swift
- How to use open-source third party libraries in Swift projects
- How to be friends with the strict type-checking system; aka how to field optionals while working with Cocoa classes.
- Things that Swift enables which weren't trivially doable or possible at all in Objective-C which can help you write more concise and simpler code.
- How simple ideas from functional programming and immutable value types in swift make writing concurrent code easier and app architecture free of dependencies.
Also, if you have faced any issues or have questions from your own Swift endeavors, please feel free to bring them in.
Folks, we have limited seating at this location, so if you decide to not attend please update your RSVPs as soon as you can so that wait listed members can plan ahead. Also, if you are on the wait list, please reach out to me, and we can set up extra seating.
Present at the Mobile App Developers Meetup
If you have a project you want to show and talk with the group about for future meetups, please contact us. If you would like to hear about any specific topic in any future meetups, please feel free to let the us know!
We have a new Linkedin Group to stay in touch out side of the meetup. You can join here:
Please note the meetup location - Enterprise Center of Johnson County 8527 Bluejacket Street, Lenexa, KS 66214.
6:00-6:30 - Socializing and meeting other members.
6:30-7:30 - Presentations from members
7:30-8:00 - Follow-up discussions with members.