This month, we'll discuss four problems selected from HackerRank, plus two more open-ended front-end development challenges.
This will be a casual meeting. You don't need to have worked on all - or any! - of the challenges before coming. Those of us who have finished solutions can discuss the approaches we took and what we learned along the way, and those who are still working are welcome to talk through any difficulties you're encountering.
Here are the HackerRank problems:
- BotClean: https://www.hackerrank.com/challenges/botclean
- Two Characters: https://www.hackerrank.com/challenges/two-characters/problem
- Common Child: https://www.hackerrank.com/challenges/common-child/problem
- Array Manipulation: https://www.hackerrank.com/challenges/crush
Here are the front-end challenges. Take these in any direction you want - the goal is to learn something and perhaps build something that will be fun to show the group. There are no right or wrong answers.
- Pointer aware page: https://codier.io/challenge/S1gWX3z1E
- Pure CSS Particle Animation: https://codier.io/challenge/SJHHNMDrQ