What we're about
Meet other local non-professional musicians who play acoustic instruments (or just want to listen) to share songs in a friendly, and supportive atmosphere. Friends and families of non-professional players are welcome. Experience the synergy of having numerous musicians sharing their songs, stories and talents .
· To get your instrument out of the house and share music with others
· To learn from others
· To build community
· To enjoy
How it’s done:
· Song Circle Format – Take turns leading songs
· Jam on songs – or play solo.
· All types of acoustic music are welcome.
· All skill levels are welcome.
· It’s for sharing and learning, not a competition.
Jamming on songs:
· Announce the song, the key, the chords, etc.
· Hand out chord charts if you wish.
· Respect the song leader….don’t hijack the song!
· Respect the song leader’s tempo, volume, etc.
· Just announce your intent to play any given song as a solo performance.
· Share brief stories about your songs.
· Tell others about the group.
· Share comments on the website after meetings.
· Enjoy – That’s up to you!