addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

LA Hackathons Message Board › Last minute reminders for tomorrow's LA Hackathons event

Last minute reminders for tomorrow's LA Hackathons event

This message board is read-only.

Daniel Roy G.
Encino, CA
I hope everyone is looking forward to tomorrow's fun event. I am very excited! Alright then, enough mushy stuff, some last minute reminders:

First off, This is an event focused on programming open source projects. We'll be doing this together, which means providing each other encouragement and helping each other. This is because, in the end, the work we'll be doing will be helping each other as well as other developers all over the world.

Second, we'll be providing three meals. Bagels and cream cheese for breakfast, subs and salads for dinner (vegetarian and vegan options will be provided), and fajitas and burritos for dinner (vegetarian and vegan options will be provided). For those who require gluten free, koscher, or halal options, please be aware that we can't guarantee that our provided food options will be acceptable to you.

Third, if someone asks you for help, please ask for the URL for the public repo for their project. The reason being is that last time we had some people provide hours of help for what ended up being non-open source projects, and that's extremely unfair for those providing help and assistance.

Fourth, you must bring your own laptop and power cord. If you don't bring those critical tools, that means you aren't there to participate as intended, and won't be allowed into the event.

Fifth, we're going to start with a brief introductory period where people who have asked to have their projects featured get a 2 minute speech to promote their project. We'll give those people placards to describe their projects to put on tables.

Finally, we're going to close out with 5 minute lightning talks, the purpose of which is the chance to show off what you've accomplished.

Alright, enough yammering from me. Before I go, I'm going to thank our excellent sponsors (,,, and for making this event possible.

See you tomorrow at 10 AM!

Daniel Greenfeld