addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 2
Hey I am shooting a sizzle reel for a reality show that is basically Myth Busters but for History. I'm looking for a couple of Historians that want to be on the show as a talent/expert. The first location/episode is about the Colorado Street Bridge aka "Suicide Bridge" If interested hit me up mullins.derrick@gmail.com
Tish
Tish
Austin, TX
Post #: 40
There are lots of myths surrounding the settlement of early Los Angeles. A persistant statement from otherwise educated people is that most of the old Ranchos were Spanish Land Grants. Not so. Spanish Land was, like all European lands, the property of the Crown that was allowed to be used by the Grantee until the Crown wanted the land back again for any purpose. Mexican Land Grants which came after Mexican Independence form the basis of Los Angeles and surrounding settlements. The entire process by which the United States dealt with the Patents for those grants is kind of interesting (though I don't think people even have enough knowledge of those happenings to have any myths about them.) If you do want to do anything about the period 1771-1880, the Historian for La Senora Research Institute would be helpful to you.