addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

LA Innovators + Early Adopters Message Board › OCTOBER DEMOS

OCTOBER DEMOS

Closed to new replies

Russell
russellarmand
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 8
UPDATE: We've got 5 demos ready to go! (Thanks to everyone for replying to this thread. The thread is now closed to new replies, so if you'd like to present something for the next Meetup, please add a descriptive reply to the appropriate thread.)

Do you have something 50+ technologists might be interested in?

Please take a moment to write a brief description of it here (just use "reply" to add to this discussion).

I'll get an email every time a new reply is added. The best demos will be added to the following list:
Once we have five demos ready to go, I'll schedule the next Meetup and add it to our calendar...
A former member
Post #: 2
I have 200-400 graphic artist positions opening up at the end of Oct. 07 I'd like to introduce my company and find out if people would be interested in either working for the company or receiving $250.00 for each referral they give.
A former member
Post #: 1
I'm a developer for MooTools. MooTools is an open source, compact, and modular object oriented JavaScript web application framework that is made by developers for developers. MooTools makes the process of writing extensible and cross-browser compatible code more efficient, concise and fun.

I would like to:

• Introduce the group to MooTools
  • Showcase some of the demos and websites that use MooTools.
  • Differences and our philosophies which makes us stand out from the rest of the JavaScript frameworks.

Since I'll only have 5 minutes, I'll be as concise as possible. Would there be anything else that you'd like to see/learn about?

Thanks,
Olmo Maldonado
Blake
user 4867380
Burbank, CA
Flixor, Inc. has created a patent pending, automated process that replaces actors in video clips with consumers; the technology also performs dynamic product placements that vary depending upon the consumer. This is a concept Flixor calls ?Personalized Video?. Personalized Video has applications across a wide range of industries, including film and television, recording artists, mobile phones, as well as having a significant impact on advertising. Personalized Video clips can be viewed today on cell phones, websites and streaming video players. With development, Personalized Video can be embedded into television programming and advertising. Personalized Video holds the potential to completely transform video advertising.

Performed with Hollywood film-style 3D visual effects, Flixor creates an exciting, innovative new means for entertainment promoters to connect their programming with the consumer: place them side-by-side with the stars of their programming! Through a web site carrying the entertainment producer?s branding, consumers can upload a single image of their face and head, and Flixor?s unique combination of advanced computer animation and Internet technologies will on-the-fly create and deliver personalized film trailers, clips from popular TV shows and music videos directly to the consumer. Consumers will be able to connect personally with entertainment properties and stars in a manner never before possible.

A single photograph of a consumer?s face and head, taken with a basic webcam, camera phone or low resolution digital camera is all Flixor needs to replace actors in a video with consumers. Flixor?s sophisticated process reconstructs the consumer's face in 3D, duplicates the facial expressions, environmental lighting and activity of the original actor frame-to-frame to ensure the replacing consumers appear as if they were originally in the video. These video clips can be viewed online, downloaded to cell phones, iPods and PCs of family and friends, sent via email and placed on web pages.

The advertising industry is continually faced with the issue of getting consumers to watch ads. Flixor uniquely addresses this need, enabling advertisers the ability to use a consumer?s own image to deliver their advertising message. An advertiser can offer personalized video from a product?s web site, allowing consumers to use personalized videos to support product purchases, such as you receiving a video emailed by your spouse, showing you two enjoying that luxury vacation you?ve been talking about!

The mobile phone industry has developed ring tones into a $9B per year global enterprise. This is an explosive industry in danger of evaporating as consumers learn to create their own ring tones and services like www.phonezoo.com become available. With a Flixor Personalized Video Ring Tone, consumers can be placed side-by-side, with their favorite stars and celebrities, inside videos, that act as ring tones. Unlike audio ring tones, consumers will not be able to create videos like these themselves. (Note that video ring tones are primarily available in Europe, India and Asia.)

Due to the personalization of the videos, they have viral appeal for anyone who knows the consumer in them. If you have a video of yourself with Tiger Woods, you want to show it to your friends and family. Free exchange of our videos enables a new form of viral marketing. We let individuals freely share their videos featuring themselves and their favorite stars. With no restrictions on sharing, videos are easily emailed to friends and family- carrying any product placements with them. Used as a video ring tone, with every call that person makes the video and product placements are seen again and again.

Flixor?s patent pending concepts advance the entertainment video, video advertising and ring tone business models to the next level of personalized, celebrity packed video, while encouraging word of mouth marketing. Entertainment producers gain a new aftermarket for their content. Advertisers gain a powerful new means of delivering messages. Consumers gain a fun and compelling medium featuring themselves integrated into entertainment and commercial content.
A former member
I'd love to tell everyone about the recruiting service that my team and I can provide to them as clients or candidates. My team specializes in Network and System Engineers but we have other teams in our office that specialize in .NET, Flash, C++, and Java / J2EE placement.
A former member
Flixya is a social networking platform that offers 100% ad revenue to it's members. We'd love to demo our site and services.

A brief description:

By offering similar elements of popular social networking sites and combining a monetization method for content producers in one solution, Flixya.com enables any individual who qualifies for Google AdSense a rapid and powerful method to publish and monetize their online content and keep all the revenue.

"Our belief is that the true value of social networking is the community, and we continue to strive to promote member ownership with our platform," said Adam Oliver, Flixya Co-founder and CEO. "By rewarding the community of contributing members at 100%, we feel Flixya represents the second generation of social networking and raises the bar by setting the standard for the future of online social responsibility."

Unlike any other website on the Internet, Flixya combines a social media networking platform that leverages a long feature set for sharing digital media content. In addition, a scalable and effective method to monetize members content at 100%. Above all else, we continue to focus on building tools for the Flixya community to consume, distribute and monetize digital media.