addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

LA Innovators + Early Adopters Message Board › DECEMBER DEMOS

Karan B.
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 2
I like to present a new and poweful link sharing tool. The idea is for users to share thousands of bookmarks, commented and organized in groups straight from the browser. I am using Optiaml Desktop the only 3 dimensional tabbed browser on the market (meaning a 3 level tabbed hirearchy for organizing access to web pages and rss feeds) to easily comment and share entire knowledge portals. To see an example of the outputgo here

To download and look at the authoring tool go here

I like to present on May 6th.

Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 1
I have the 1st co-working space in SoCal for you all technologists, entrepreneurs and freelancers. I just opened 3 weeks ago, and have major plans to expand by adding locations, providing useful/interesting events/mixers/etc., improving items in the office (faster switches? faster internet bandwidth? earlier or later opening hours?).

Co-working is the ultimate in social networking because it's Real Estate's play in this arena. Add our online presence (so far via, and it's sort of like "web 2.5".
A former member
Post #: 11
My name is Marcelo Lewin, founder and CEO of Pixel Heads Network (http://www.PixelHeads...­, an Internet Video Studio and Show Network focused on digital media creators. All of our shows focused on and created for new media and digital media creators. Currently, we have 3 shows in our lineup including:

Digital Media Quick Tips
The "how-to" for new media creators

Meet The Experts
In-depth interviews with the makers and shakers of the New Media industry.

Bringing Technology Expo shows to those that couldn't be there.

The revenue model includes Sponsorship, advertisement, hyper syndication and premium subscriptions.

We are also going to start distributing shows created by outside producers.

I'd love to present at the next meetup.

- Marcelo
A former member
uniPaaS is a new application platform for RIA and SaaS with a unitary approach to automatic management of client, server, communication and technical layers. Also supports automated partitioning of server side logic across multiple physical servers. Can build your own logic or composite apps from Java and .Net or even lagacy RPG, COBOL, etc. So you get the sexy RIA front end and the workhorse backend servers all working together using a unitary platform. Next major release will include the SaaS platform stuff too. Client is .Net so it runs on Windows PCs, Windows Mobile devices or anything that emulates them. Servers can be Linux, Windows, IBM i, AIX, HPUX or Solaris. This will be shown at the Gartner Web Innovation Summit in two sessions on Sept 15 at the Century Plaza but the admission is $1695. So if we show it at the meetup you can see it for free (or is it $5) and there are of course free downloads of the software.
A former member
Hi everyone!

I would like to present my senior project as an example in human machine interfaces.
"fingertip effects" works through detecting the motion of LED's worn on the users fingers.
our project then uses this data to perform basic functions on an audio signal such as volume adjustment
(varying on the height of one's hand) pan left to right ( with moving your hand left to right ) and a few other digital audio effect filters we created.

let me know if you would like more information. you can reach me at yotokan at gmail dot com
A former member

I would like to present my friend's new internet company which is an online community that allows “Requesters” to list their needs or goods without cost, along with a reward they will pay to a “Connector” who can solve their problem. We have only been live for a few months but the site has attracted a range of rewards for an eclectic group of needs. One user is offering $2,000 to the person who helps him find a buyer for a minor league football team in Pennsylvania. Another is offering $100,000 to the person who finds a buyer for a Hawaiian property. Others are looking for a recommended Mexican restaurant, business development manager, and even a “great girlfriend for an adorable guy.”

Although we are already planning a redesign I would love to show it to this smart group and hear what folks have to say about it.
A former member
Post #: 3
Hello Fellow Techies --

"How I beat the iPhone -- a 5 min talk on the non-Apple way of building cross-platform mobile software"

I've created several apps for the iPhone, including FaceDouble and soon to be released FaceMover product. iPhone development is painful, and I'd like to spend 5 minutes explaining the pain points and my solution.

Essentially, I have come up with a strategy for building iPhone apps that avoids most of the proprietary, closed aspects of the apple platform, and enables you to build product rapidly using standardized Web 2.0 methods -- and this pattern can be used to port your solution to Android and other mobile platforms.

Those who'd like to hear more than a 5 min version are welcome to come to my talk in San Diego on 2/19 --­
A former member
Looking to meet web professionals who can critique ideas for my web profile video start up
We make affordable web profile videos that communicate everything visitors need to know about a small business in less than 90 seconds. A videobizbyte gives potential customers a chance to "meet" you online, building the familiarity and confidence necessary for people to work with you. We use the latest technology to create a digital video file that you can use on your website, as well as to upload to social networking sites like youtube, linkedin, and facebook. Our videos can be also be used as a powerful SEO tool to let people know your website exists.

You can see one of our videobizbytes in use on the front page of web designer Richard Parr's site
Karan B.
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 3
My name is Karan Bavandi. My company has developed a Content Curation platform. Curators are Context editors and a new and emerging. Here is a curated list of articles that talk about what curation is and its potential.
This Video talks about our vision for KBucket and this video talks about our curation tool. I would like the opportunity to talok about curation and our tools at your meeting.
A former member
My name is Cody Gibbs and I'm the Director of Marketing for TouCoul (­. We make an vehicle accessory for the iPad called CoulVue.

CoulVue securely mounts the iPad and iPad 2 to the back of the headrest in a car. This makes it easy for backseat riders to watch movies, play games, and interact with the iPad.