addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

LA Robotics Club Message Board › Robotics Mentorship Program

Robotics Mentorship Program

Annika O.
AnnikaSkywalker
Group Organizer
Houston, TX
Hey Robot Guys and Gals,

As you all know, I strive to prevent spam emails for the group. If you feel your notifications are too little or too much, please change your settings here: http://www.meetup.com...­

I am going to start posting local events, competitions, job opportunities and anything else that is of interest in the field of Electronics and Robotics on the main site. Over 800 members means lots of action at the Open Labs and Workshops, but it also means more people to keep in the loop about job offers or other activities.

All this being said:

The PORPOISE NAUTICAL ROBOTICS program has now started for high school students at Washington magnet school near LAX.  Our Robotics Club is supporting this classroom program. Myself and other members of the LARC have spent a lot of fruitful hours helping create the curriculum and work with students and it has been very rewarding. Any members interested in PORPOISE, or to become a mentor to the school program - (go to class, learn with the students, and assist one or more days per week,)  please come this Sunday at noon and meet David Grober. His phone number is: 310-951-1110. David heads up the program.

Here is the robot they are building:

Check out their blog: www.porpoiserobotics.blogspot.com­

Also check out the music video put together by T.H. Culhane that highlights some of the work we've done so far:

Thanks and I hope to see you on Sunday!

-Annika O'Brien